• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Farid CPM-REX-121 ‘K2’ possible folder project

If you notice, the curvature on the top is a lot less than before, it is more of a bowie now.

Another update:
I have finished setting the lock on these, in the next few days the ‘D’ tent, fitting the titanium clip, bead blasting sharpening and final cleaning and lubrication.

Great news.........Looking forward!:)

It sounds like these are going to be done really soon. All I need is a payment balance and I'm good to go.

Update:
This is the first completed CPM-REX 121 K2, it is also the only one which is a left hand friendly as well as tip down.

0014.jpg

0023.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

The first finished knife looks awesome, Farid! These definitely seem like they're going to be worth the wait! :thumbup:

The first finished knife looks awesome, Farid! These definitely seem like they're going to be worth the wait! :thumbup:

Doing the clips and bead blasting. Won't be long.

I would post about how excited I am, but this is a family-friendly forum. Go go go Farid!

To answer an earlier question more accurately, I am making one of these for myself and that is the only one I have surface ground to a very smooth finish which only took around two hours to surface grind one blade, also it has a circle of holes in the titanium handle which I will press fit ceramic balls in to just to make it a little different, other than that one they are all hot rolled/ scotchbright finished.

how can you tell apart from your d2 or other blade steels you make?

Because I’m telling you what it is, so far the K2’s I have made have the type of steel on the blades. Like I have said these will have just my name, those on the list will know what it is and if they sell them in the future they will pass this information and the certificate of authenticity which will come signed with each K2 to the next owner.

Back