Farm AK

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
18 inch 37 ounce Farm Ang Khola by Kumar. Farm Knife style chiruwa horn handle. Leather sheath. Sharp edge! One more new addition to your collection at $285. *SOLD*

DUTIk5a.jpg

bmh9lRZ.jpg

uQuhQrg.jpg

6ByT6nj.jpg

N0ykz3S.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served
Thank you, George
for great idea and suggestion

Last edited:
Excited for you Kiteman. I’ve really wanted one of those. That should be an excellent chopper indeed!
Thanks, George!

The bottom line is, as much as I like my Tamang, I need something with a more stable edge. The Farm Knife I got had that quality, but then I missed the curve of the Tamang. So I'm stoked to try this Farm AK out.

I tried out the Farmcatta on some small red cedars and the top little strip of wood on the handle cracked on me, so now it is doing squirrel chopping duty near my game cleaning table. :thumbsup:

Thanks, George!

The bottom line is, as much as I like my Tamang, I need something with a more stable edge. The Farm Knife I got had that quality, but then I missed the curve of the Tamang. So I'm stoked to try this Farm AK out.

I tried out the Farmcatta on some small red cedars and the top little strip of wood on the handle cracked on me, so now it is doing squirrel chopping duty near my game cleaning table. :thumbsup:
Send it to Bawanna and let him put some stag slabs on it. That would be so beautiful! Sounds like an idea that I might need to do the same!

Send it to Bawanna and let him put some stag slabs on it. That would be so beautiful! Sounds like an idea that I might need to do the same!
I like the stag idea, but on an AK Bowie or maybe one of these sweet new Butcher Bowies. (Not mine tho, because the slabs on it are beautiful.)

But no, that's a great idea, George! Stag on a Farmcatta would be outstanding!

I like the stag idea, but on an AK Bowie or maybe one of these sweet new Butcher Bowies. (Not mine tho, because the slabs on it are beautiful.)

But no, that's a great idea, George! Stag on a Farmcatta would be outstanding!
Hey, he can do some wood slabs. Have you ever seen Arizona Ironwood or coca bolo? Beautiful hard woods.

Well, I've been fondling this thing for a while now, and it is a real winner! :D:thumbsup:

By my rudimentary measurements, it's about 7/16ths of an inch thick, but the tang is wonderfully tapered and the horn handle scales are perfectly fitted.

Too early for any chopping. This is almost one of those blades that is soo nice you are tempted to "put it up" and keep it pristine.
But I will certainly use it. :)

Guys, if you have a Farm Knife and like it, it would be tough to not like this Farm AK, at least if 1st impressions are any indication.

Well, I've been fondling this thing for a while now, and it is a real winner! :D:thumbsup:

By my rudimentary measurements, it's about 7/16ths of an inch thick, but the tang is wonderfully tapered and the horn handle scales are perfectly fitted.

Too early for any chopping. This is almost one of those blades that is soo nice you are tempted to "put it up" and keep it pristine.
But I will certainly use it. :)

Guys, if you have a Farm Knife and like it, it would be tough to not like this Farm AK, at least if 1st impressions are any indication.
Kiteman I’m happy to hear that! It looks gorgeous! A true show piece!! Don’t get it dirty! It won’t cleanup good!:p

Kiteman I’m happy to hear that! It looks gorgeous! A true show piece!! Don’t get it dirty! It won’t cleanup good!:p
George, I went ahead and knocked the new off of this baby today and it really performed like a champ.

Non-native Eastern red cedar trees are a horrible invasive species here in Southern Nebraska and they are one of my biggest foes out here on the farm. I was getting one chop cut downs on trees up to 2-3 inches in circumference. Not too shabby, the Tamang can't reliably do that for me.

Man, it's a heavy one tho. Not what I would choose for an all day kind of job. But you have to chop less with all that weight, at least in theory. :D

Great Knife! Very Proud to be using one of the first ones! :thumbsup:

Back