Farm AK

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    18 inch 37 ounce Farm Ang Khola by Kumar. Farm Knife style chiruwa horn handle. Leather sheath. Sharp edge! One more new addition to your collection at $285. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to order
    First come first served
    Thank you, George
    for great idea and suggestion

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  2. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Wow! I love it!! She’s a beauty!!

Kiteman72 likes this.
  3. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    Wow is the first thing that came to mind for me also. I love the forging scale. I would prefer the scale was left on all my knives. You rarely see the forging scale left on khuks with fullers. I love it!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    XelaXela, Kiteman72 and George Azar like this.
  4. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Excited to be giving this beauty a home!

I'll be eating Hot Pockets and eggs for a while but it should be worth it! :D

5. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Excited for you Kiteman. I’ve really wanted one of those. That should be an excellent chopper indeed!

Kiteman72 likes this.
  6. Gatnom

Gatnom

Aug 7, 2020
    Nice!

Kiteman72 likes this.
  7. Kiteman72

Jan 22, 2015
    Thanks, George!

The bottom line is, as much as I like my Tamang, I need something with a more stable edge. The Farm Knife I got had that quality, but then I missed the curve of the Tamang. So I'm stoked to try this Farm AK out.

I tried out the Farmcatta on some small red cedars and the top little strip of wood on the handle cracked on me, so now it is doing squirrel chopping duty near my game cleaning table. :thumbsup:

George Azar likes this.
  8. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Send it to Bawanna and let him put some stag slabs on it. That would be so beautiful! Sounds like an idea that I might need to do the same!

EricTheRedBeard and Kiteman72 like this.
  9. Kiteman72

Jan 22, 2015
    I like the stag idea, but on an AK Bowie or maybe one of these sweet new Butcher Bowies. (Not mine tho, because the slabs on it are beautiful.)

But no, that's a great idea, George! Stag on a Farmcatta would be outstanding!

George Azar likes this.
  10. Same Old Shane

Same Old Shane

Sep 9, 2016
    Kumar is the TOP guy, in my opinion!

Awesomeness!

George Azar, XelaXela and Kiteman72 like this.
  11. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Hey, he can do some wood slabs. Have you ever seen Arizona Ironwood or coca bolo? Beautiful hard woods.

Kiteman72 likes this.
  12. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Happy to help when I can.

George Azar and Kiteman72 like this.
  13. Kiteman72

Jan 22, 2015
    OK, now we need to have the kamis give the "Farm Knife" treatment to an AK Bowie. I'm a convert to the forging scale. :thumbsup:

George Azar and EricTheRedBeard like this.
  14. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    That would be a great idea for sure! It would have the sex appeal of the early Rambo knives!

Kiteman72 likes this.
  15. Kiteman72

Jan 22, 2015
    Well, I've been fondling this thing for a while now, and it is a real winner! :D:thumbsup:

By my rudimentary measurements, it's about 7/16ths of an inch thick, but the tang is wonderfully tapered and the horn handle scales are perfectly fitted.

Too early for any chopping. This is almost one of those blades that is soo nice you are tempted to "put it up" and keep it pristine.
    But I will certainly use it. :)

Guys, if you have a Farm Knife and like it, it would be tough to not like this Farm AK, at least if 1st impressions are any indication.

George Azar and EricTheRedBeard like this.
  16. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Kiteman I’m happy to hear that! It looks gorgeous! A true show piece!! Don’t get it dirty! It won’t cleanup good!:p

Kiteman72 likes this.
  17. Kiteman72

Jan 22, 2015
    George, I went ahead and knocked the new off of this baby today and it really performed like a champ.

Non-native Eastern red cedar trees are a horrible invasive species here in Southern Nebraska and they are one of my biggest foes out here on the farm. I was getting one chop cut downs on trees up to 2-3 inches in circumference. Not too shabby, the Tamang can't reliably do that for me.

Man, it's a heavy one tho. Not what I would choose for an all day kind of job. But you have to chop less with all that weight, at least in theory. :D

Great Knife! Very Proud to be using one of the first ones! :thumbsup:

18. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    Dang! I just noticed its weight. 37oz is no joke.

Kiteman72 likes this.
  19. Kiteman72

Jan 22, 2015
    The spine is wonderfully crowned, and absolutely massive. The edge stability is just what I was looking for. :thumbsup:

The 2nd FAK Ms. Yangdu posted was 30 oz. probably enough difference to notice.

George Azar likes this.
  20. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Kiteman I’m the winner of the 2nd knife. Read my post.

Kiteman72 likes this.