Farm Life

I sharpened the 426 back to shaving sharp in 18 mins.. On the same ACE stone, (fine side). Removing the burr on the stone. DM

Well, I obsessed over it and tweaked it some more on the same stone. Pressure and angle matter. It now shaves hair better. Once you get a blade sharp and the burrs removed, little step up benefits can be achieved on the same stone. If I
stropped it carefully on loaded leather, I could refine the edge some. This would take away some bite as well. Leaving a different cutting edge, just more refined. DM

For my 1,500th post, a picture of Ole Blue in my garden for Dave's Farm Life thread. :)

I'm growing Green Bell Pepper, Jalapeño Pepper, Habanero Pepper, Sweet Pepper, Chili Pepper, Spanish Sweet Onion, Radish, Beets, Tomatoes of various types including Cherry and Roma Tomatoes and the always present Horseradish. Everything is growing well, can't wait to start harvesting.

Garden%2B-%2BBuck%2B110%2BTitan%2BBlue%2BMicarta%2B05.jpg

Last edited:
They're in the ground? You must have some hungry birds...

I wasn't saying anything about the grammar, it's the beet's...:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

Mom always made me eat just 1... The dog didn't like em either...:p:p:rolleyes:

They're in the ground? You must have some hungry birds...

I wasn't saying anything about the grammar, it's the beet's...:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

Mom always made me eat just 1... The dog didn't like em either...:p:p:rolleyes:
I love 'em myself. good eatin'.

We have some weird birds around here I guess. I see them land in my garden and mess around. Then I see holes dug and my beets pulled out of leaves picked apart. I've lost a lot of onions too. They don't touch anything else. yet.

Beets are a super food! Oh, so good. Looks like I'll be buying them from local farmers this year.

David, what are you growing this year?

Thanks for the garden photo.
No garden this year. We have been in such a drought and I was concerned about water usage.
This week it started raining. Things are getting green now. We do have flowering shrubs for landscape
and bees. Bird of Paradise and Honey Suckle. My wife was gifted a Gardenia, Amaryllis and Shamrock.
Which the rats have been feeding on. Our Carpathian Walnut is getting more fruit on it this year. DM

Thanks for the garden photo.
No garden this year. We have been in such a drought and I was concerned about water usage.
This week it started raining. Things are getting green now. We do have flowering shrubs for landscape
and bees. Bird of Paradise and Honey Suckle. My wife was gifted a Gardenia, Amaryllis and Shamrock.
Which the rats have been feeding on. Our Carpathian Walnut is getting more fruit on it this year. DM

They like birds of paradise and honeysuckle also. They build nest's in them...

We got our 4.5" of rain for the year, it stopped the first week of April...It was long rainy season usually it stops the last of Feb....It'll start again in Nov...

We had flat-rate water until LA ran out of water was trying to steal everyone else's with a fake drought...Now we have a meter, so we don't water any more than we have to...

So our garden consists of a total of 8 bell and sweet banana peppers and 6 tomato plants...We also have 2 orange trees, seedless, and a plumb tree...

how'd ya get rid of it Sir? I highly dislike snakes. especially pit vipers.

is your soil caliche out there? or more sand and rocks..I cant tell from the picture.

Our soil is sand in the low lands & draws. Then granite mix on hill sides. We have been looking for a good size rattler since May because
we have found 18 rabbits dead and not eaten. We are unsure how many are involved but we are certain it is rattle snakes caused. He has
a pretty skin. She dispatched him with a .38 Special shot capsule. Thanks, DM

Some adult kid living in their parents basement would have paid you big bucks for that alive :)

It's quite tasty, taste's like frog legs.....

I would have taken the skin and hung on the wall with the others, not sure if the wife would agree though... I think what I have is enough for her, especially the one that rattles when you walk by it...

He probably lived in that bear grass that you cut out...

jec, I'm not getting near one alive.
Skyler, I may have to send you some. I didn't skin this one as I was gone.
sass, I wouldn't doubt it. Thanks, DM

Back