Father's day Keystone GAW

Sorry, I thought when I paid $10 for a basic membership, that made me a paid member.
My apologies, I was thinking a "basic member" was a free member... forgot that there was the $10 minimum membership... you're all good eveled eveled , you're in, that was my bad.....

Not an entry, but thought of this funny story. When my son was about 7 or 8 he read a verse from the Bible in front of everyone at church. When he finished he came back and sat beside me. I told him that he did a great job and he replied, no I didn't, nobody clapped. I still laugh about that and the time he got baptized when he pulled the plug with his foot. But that's a different story. Good luck all.

Not an entry, as I already have more knives than I need, but great GAW and Happy Father's Day to all!

Im a father to three (8-9-09, 1-25-11, 10-14-12) and some of my favorite fatherhood moments are the simplest. Them falling asleep with you on the couch, or at random them looking up at you, giving you the biggest squeeze they can muster, and say "I love you, daddy".

Not an entry, as I already have more knives than I need, but great GAW and Happy Father's Day to all!

Im a father to three (8-9-09, 1-25-11, 10-14-12) and some of my favorite fatherhood moments are the simplest. Them falling asleep with you on the couch, or at random them looking up at you, giving you the biggest squeeze they can muster, and say "I love you, daddy".
The "I love you dadda", moments, those are the best!!! Those are the moments I know I must be doing something right, amidst all my many flaws...

The "I love you dadda", moments, those are the best!!! Those are the moments I know I must be doing something right, amidst all my many flaws...
Totally agree with this...it just does something to you no matter how tough an individual you might be :)

I'm in!
7/3/13 and 9/9/16.
So my oldest son was in vacation bible school a few weeks ago and the last night of the program the kids had to sing a few songs for all the parents. They split them into different groups by age. He was one of the taller 4 year olds so he was on the back row. When the kids finished there last song, he runs out to the front of the stage and screamed "I did it" !!. The joy and accomplishment on his face were priceless when everyone applauded him.

My youngest son spent his first 7 days of life in the NICU because of breathing complications. Needless to say it was a rough time for me and my wife. On day 5 they finally let us hold him, the first time I held him he reached out and squeezed my finger really hard for a baby. In that moment I had a overwhelming feeling that he was going to be ok. And now days he's going strong, getting in to more trouble than his big brother ever thought about.
Thanks for the opportunity.

I am in!
7/14
I have two quick stories, both involve my daughter in one way or another.

First, For my first Father's day, my Misses gifted me with a Custom Suwanee River Oh Mai! fixed blade. Just a fantastic little slicer for meals and such. Pic below.

Secondly, when my daughter was learning to count/speak, she could count to 11, sort of. She would say all of the numbers correctly instead of "Seven" and "Eleven". She decided to come up with her own words that were pronounced "Wabi" (which was seven) and "El-Wabi" (which was eleven). She says them correctly now, but they were cute, so we didn't correct her. We knew she would learn them eventually, but they were aregular part of her vocabulary for a glorious and hilarious 3 months.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Last edited:
So... I ended up falling asleep yesterday before my son woke up. When I woke up for work, he and the wife were gone, at pop-pops for a bbq. So today I'm off and we're hanging out, and I had him count to 12, and pick just one of those numbers he just counted.... he thought for a moment, and he picked #2...

So GrobTheory GrobTheory , you are the proud winner of a new "spoon" :p

PM me your info, I will get it in the mail by weeks end.

So... I ended up falling asleep yesterday before my son woke up. When I woke up for work, he and the wife were gone, at pop-pops for a bbq. So today I'm off and we're hanging out, and I had him count to 12, and pick just one of those numbers he just counted.... he thought for a moment, and he picked #2...

So GrobTheory GrobTheory , you are the proud winner of a new "spoon" :p

PM me your info, I will get it in the mail by weeks end.
Wow thank you so much! I never win these ! :)

Back