Father's Day Knife PLUS sneak peak at my knife design

I posted this a couple of days ago in the General Forums, but I think it is most poignant in the Spyderco world. This is a video I shot Sunday night after receiving my Father's Day gift knife (Maxix 2 Lightweight Blue) from my kids and grand-kids showing some of my collection that is growing!!! I also show some of my scribbles of the knife I designed(and we have discussed in here). I usually use the channel to teach people how to sketch. Please let me know what you think.

[video=youtube;Jr-Qy__J4MU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr-Qy__J4MU[/video]

1. I like the gift set idea.
2. I am a wee concerned about grip safety as there appears to be nothing to keep my forefinger off that blade if I poke the knife into anything offering resistance. May slide right through my hand.
3. Great concept, nonetheless.

Great input Greykilt (side note I'm a Gordon) I went for form over function in this more aesthetic folder.

H HiLandR,

I spoke with William Henry at the Blade show about your idea. I think you should contact them.

sal

Thank you for responding Sal, I chatted with a gentleman that was in r and d and production and he said they were too committed to the jewelry side. Mind if I ask for a name?

I sent you an email.. I believe your designs would do well in the Jewelry market.

sal

That's fantastic! Great drawing. Very professional. It looks kind of like the Des Horn folder.

I got your email Sal and I'll follow up. Thank you for the advice. I intend to meet you one day sir, you are a special person. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back