Favorit Hunting Rifle?

Remington Nylon 66.

Thats a fun .22 to shoot, love my brown one.

My fav is my Winchester Model 70 featherweight in .270.

deer2.jpg

:confused:
kalama likes
1) 30-30 Winchester
2) U.S. 30 Carbine
Not sure how you deciphered that as a lever action chambered in .30 carbine :D

My mistake, I must of read "an" as "in".
Need work on my reading comrehension:)

I do think .30 Carbine would be a fun round in a lever action rifle. I almost bought a Levermatic a few months back. Price was ok, but was worried about parts availability.

Chris

My second favorite rifle was a Weatherby mark V in .240 magnum (3X9 scope) The Weatherby 240 magnum is great from varmints to deer.

Mine is a Schulz & Larsen,M54J,7x61 Sharpe & Hart.

Picture150-1.jpg

Not really a combo gun but great for back up, Dan Wesson 445 Super Mag, shoot .44 Spl, .44 Mag and .445's. Not really a long hike gun due to weight.
IMG_4167.jpg

If I was going to be out all day walking ect.. I would carry one of my S&W .44 mag's, like the Mountain Gun, it's lighter or one of my 3 inchers. Or one of my Ruger Single actions.

Picture028.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Another carry favorite is the S&W 296 Ti Lite .44 Spl. Not a big boomer but easy to carry and leaves a large hole.

1a3b9ff7-1.jpg

Ossa1970 how is the Dan Wesson 445 Super Mag? How noticeable is the difference when shooting between the barrels. I like the collection of 44mags. They are a killer on the wrists with anything less then 4in barrel.

Great collection thus far! lets keep it going

Just a basic Marlin 336 in .35 Rem or Marlin 1895 Guide gun in .45/70.

Ossa1970 how is the Dan Wesson 445 Super Mag? How noticeable is the difference when shooting between the barrels. I like the collection of 44mags. They are a killer on the wrists with anything less then 4in barrel.

Great collection thus far! lets keep it going

The super mag has little or no recoil with the 6 inch ported and weighted barrel. The 4 inch handles about the same a the other 3 inch .44's.

Thanks, they are fun to shoot. I carried one for years on duty before switching to a .45 ACP.

Deer = remington mohawk in 308
Moose = model 70 in 338 winmag OR winchester model 94 timber in 450 marlin

Ruger Model 77 in 30.06, topped with an old Redfield Widefield 2X7.

My dad hunted with this rifle and killed a ton of deer with it. Back in 2002 we went to Wyoming and he let me borrow it (I hunted with a Remington 742) and I killed a 5X5 Mulie with it. He gave it to me that day.

Here it is with a 8pt that I shot last October in Crawford County, Georgia.

Attachments

• 8 pt 10 22 09 050.jpg
    8 pt 10 22 09 050.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 38
Where I hunt, the shots are close and fast. I have killed 8 deer now, with this little .44 Mag Marlin 1894S. The load I use is a Speer 270 grain GDSP over H110 powder. The scope is a Leupold FX 2.5X.
Coupled with an accurate .44 Mag Ruger Vaquero and a Randall #11 knife, I am set.
huntingbuddies.jpg

Marlin 1895 SBL Guide Gun in .45-70.

I've wanted a Guide Gun in .45-70 and just got one this last Christmas. So far we've only shot at targets. But this season for Elk...watch out.

Marlin 1895 SBL Guide Gun in .45-70.

I've wanted a Guide Gun in .45-70 and just got one this last Christmas. So far we've only shot at targets. But this season for Elk...watch out.

I have Browning Hi Walls in .45-70 as well as 7mm Magnum. I love those guns, kinda heavy but fun as heck to shoot. Something about those old style falling blocks just makes them cool.

Browning Synthetic A-Bolt Lightweight composite Stalker in 308 Winchester. It's light, fast, the recoil is tolerable and it shoots Little tiny groups with Nosler Partitions or Ballistic tips. I have used it for about a dozen years now.

My favorite is my Weatherby Mark V Accumark in 300 Winchester Mag.I have killed 7 Caribou with it from 80 to 419 yards. Not one ever took another step.For whitetails I strictly bowhunt for the last 13 years.

Mike

I dont think I have one favorite rifle... but my 2 .308's are up there. A Remington 7600 for still hunting and a Remington 700 for when I go sit.

My favorite right now is a Browning A-Bolt 25 WSSM scoped with a Zeiss 3x9x40 Matte finish and sidearm is an old model Flat-Top Ruger 44 Magnum and looks new but is about 45 years old. Take care of my Guns and they take care of me.

Back