Favorite Binoculars?

ASIDE FROM THE BIG THREE what are your favorite binoculars? My personal favorite is no longer made. The Brunton Eternas. I found them very clear, ergonomic and rugged. Only complaint is the cheapo case they came in. Cured that with a Bino Rain Wrap hooked up to Crooked Horn harness.

ASIDE FROM THE BIG THREE what are your favorite binoculars? My personal favorite is no longer made. The Brunton Eternas. I found them very clear, ergonomic and rugged. Only complaint is the cheapo case they came in. Cured that with a Bino Rain Wrap hooked up to Crooked Horn harness.

I would Go for:
10x42 victory SF or Conquest from Zeiss. Not cheap but Zeiss is The best You can get.
If You have a stromg neck perhaps The leika duovids(Heavy)
Hope that helps
And don't cry about The prices

I would Go for:
10x42 victory SF or Conquest from Zeiss. Not cheap but Zeiss is The best You can get.
If You have a stromg neck perhaps The leika duovids(Heavy)
Hope that helps
And don't cry about The prices
Like I said EXCEPT the big 3. Had a pair of Swaro SLC's Have used Leica and Zeiss as well. Unless you spend days upon days staring through them you won't notice much if any difference. Even Zeiss has recognized the need to fill the gap and offers their Chinese manufactured Terra series so that the avg person can have Quality German glass using the Zeiss name.

Been using Canon IS binocs for several decades. Started with 15x45s then switched to 18x50s. Recently bought a second 18x50.

I've been wanting a pair of the Swarovski CL pocket binoculars for a long time. They are perfect for the woods and fields of PA.

Ive never heard of this big 3 thing, but I like Leupold binoculars. They are a good deal that you can find on sale often. I hear alot about Vortex binos but I havent been super impressed with the ones Ive looked through. Theyre ok, but when you can get Leupold cheaper or about the same price, I have passed on the Vortex stuff every time. I have thought about getting Zeiss, but I dont really have any spare organs laying around to sell so I havent bought any.

Ive never heard of this big 3 thing, but I like Leupold binoculars. They are a good deal that you can find on sale often. I hear alot about Vortex binos but I havent been super impressed with the ones Ive looked through. Theyre ok, but when you can get Leupold cheaper or about the same price, I have passed on the Vortex stuff every time. I have thought about getting Zeiss, but I dont really have any spare organs laying around to sell so I havent bought any.
I haven't been impressed with Vortex either. I'll be honest and say I haven't used them in the field but I wasn't impressed looking through them at the LSPGS. They felt less than stellar in build quality and the optics weren't "eye grabbing" in any way. IF I was going with euro glass I would select Meopta Meostars in todays market.

I’ve had good results using a Leupold Mojave for several seasons. They are relatively lightweight and clear in all weather conditions, so far. There are better binoculars..., but not at a similar price point.

I have a small pair from Pentax that I love for my hunting bag. Then a pair of full size Nikon's, 8X40 (?) for the truck and at home.

My Nikon Aculons have been fantastic for me. I have several 10x25 pair and a 7x35 pair. They have been hunting, hiking, and traveling with me for the last 10 years or so.

I have a fairly small selection, my eyes are too wide apart for most binoculars. So I once traded a camera lens against a Leica 10x50 .... have never looked back. I know you said aside from the BIG THREE, and they are not cheap .... but it's money very well invested when you actually use them for more than a couple of minutes, IMO.

I like my IOR Valdada military 10x50 Binos. Made in Romania with German Shott glass.

~ Bushnell & Tasco ~ SEARS made some good ones ~ Big 5 has a Boat load of good Binoculars' and cheap too ~ Rugged Exposure is a Brand if I recall right ~ I own a pair of Carl Weiss Jena's 6X30 Silvarem and they are decent ~

DSC_3233.jpg

Last edited:
Back