Favorite bushcraft blades

I like this one , It´s a Tommy Andersson , only had it a short while , its already a favorite,

laminated carbon steel , 20 cm overall , blade 9 cm , 5mm thick .

ta3.jpg

Check out that silver eagle ,thats the makers mark on the sheath ! :thumbup:

1234,,,,:)

Last edited:
Thanks BlackHills, I appreciate it brother. I have to do some research on Skookum knives now. Anyone have anything to say about his knives?

NWA Woodsman
IMG_2643.jpg

NWA Sierra Scout
DSCF1122-1.jpg

NWA S.Scout & Blade Tech PH Folder, Izula
DSCF1199.jpg

KOA Alpha wolf
alphaWolf.jpg

My RC4
IMG_1334.jpg

one of my Favorites Dan Koster Bushcraft 3v
IMG_0547.jpg

Barkies ,NS,FR ,bravo1
DSCF0472.jpg

Holy hell Tony, nice blades. Thanks again for the NWA Sierra Scout, cant wait for it to arrive.

Ramm9, yeah, I looked them up. I dont have that patience, I am an instant gratification kind of guy. Waiting a month or two is hard enough for a custom. I think the two scandi's I will try out is the one Brain Andrews does, and a Koster. I am just a little worried that the Koster will be a little small for my hands. I am going to see if I can find someone local who has one so I can feel it in my hands before I get on the list. I also might just get one of Nick Allens bushcraft knives.

Looking great, keep the pictures and opinions coming.

Since us knife nuts are fickle, these are my favorites right now. Two are loaners but for now. they are in.:D

Attachments

• JK knives 166.jpg
    JK knives 166.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 82
  • JK knives 168.jpg
    JK knives 168.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 59
I really like theDan Koster Bushcraft in 3V man that blade can almost do it all !!! no camping trip is complete without it IMO

I'm rocking a standard, un modded mora clipper in carbon steel.
I would love it, but the sheath is shocking.
and it's currently blunt as a butterknife.
lesson for today: in a fight between a nail and a knifeblade, the nail will win.

If I could only have one blade it would have to be a golok. For emergency bushcraft like shelter construction or splitting wood for fire its a hard one to beat. As you can see, my BRKT golok has been through the wringer a few times, but its never let me down.
Brkt009.jpg

For around the camp uses the Koster Nessmuk is currently my favorite. Dan's heat treat is awesome and I've never had any problems battoning the scandi edge to split kindling.
10anivcamping004.jpg

But if I had to pick a general bushcraft knife that would be my "go-to" knife for all things bushcraft it would have to be my Fox River, no question. The A2 is a great compromise of features that I want in a hard use knife, and the thin convex edge is very easy to touch up in the field.
knivereview008.jpg

brktfoxandgolok026.jpg

brktfoxandgolok027.jpg

Last edited:
I like the Bushcraft Northwest knife so far. Good size handle without hot spots and I prefer the tip over the Koster. It is handle heavy and many don't like that. If I was going to change anything I would like to try it in 1/8 rather than the 5/32 and see if I noticed a difference.
IMG_0437.jpg

A blade geometry comparison (F1, Koster 3V, Bushcraft NW, Bravo 1).
IMG_0438.jpg

The handle on the Koster knife is much thinner and suited to but not limited to a smaller hand.
IMG_0441.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm. I like my Fiddleback Woodsman ... the Fiddleback EDC is also useful "out there."

But now I'm finally going right for it and getting Fiddleback's Bushcrafter.

I really appreciate the totally functional blade designs, the work-appropriate thickness, and the excellent edge. But the handle is where Andy really shines.

You should get your hand around one of his handles, too.:):thumbup:

I gotta add that one of the best bush craft knives that I have ever used was the Walt Davis pass around that I tried. Never saw a knife that held a better edge. I didn't even save a picture of it.:grumpy: I believe Tony M sent them to me.

"The backlog is still running 10 months + and will increase quickly with impending future orders."
http://www.skookumbushtool.com/

That kind of says it all...at least it's not the 58 months Randall is quoting.

Wow, never has there been a time in my life when I was even sure I would still be alive in ten months, much less 58. I guess before I ever order a Randall I'll need to figure out someone I like enough to will it to as an alternate to send it to just in case.

This has barely left my hand since I got it:

FiddlebackHunter014.jpg

I really like my BCNW-O1, but my feelings are pretty much spot on with MistWalker re: trying it 1/8". I think it would improve an already great knife.

Bushcraftnorthwest005-1.jpg

Bushcraftnorthwest012-1.jpg

gluttony006.jpg

Terrasaur041.jpg

+1 on the Fiddleback Bushcrafter... my absolute favorite so far. Sorry, dont have any pics of it... :-(

I bought a Woodsman from Andy not long ago, too (actually, its the one that is featured on woodsmonkey.com). I like it, but it doesnt quite fit my hand as well as I would like it to, so I'll probably be putting it on the exchange soon (I would normally keep it, but the money crunch is on at the moment). It handles the camp task lineup wonderfully.
WoodsMan005.JPG

(Picture swiped from Woodsmonkey.com article... http://www.woodsmonkey.com/index.ph...ge-woods-man-review&catid=34:knives&Itemid=55 )

Back