Favorite bushcraft blades

I like all these. For the money, the Mora 2000 is hard to beat.
Bravo-1SS007.jpg

My "best" or at least most expensive (other than the magical Bear Grylls knife) is this Bark River Bravo-1 in CPM154.
Bravo-1SS014.jpg

The new Smoke Jumper is surprisingly good for a 6" blade. It can do it all.
SJ011.jpg

SJ007.jpg

SJ015.jpg

Here is the latest one for me. The Condor Bushlore. I am pretty impressed with what twenty some bucks will buy.:thumbup:

Attachments

• JK knives 173ju.jpg
    JK knives 173ju.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 79
Here is the latest one for me. The Condor Bushlore. I am pretty impressed with what twenty some bucks will buy.:thumbup:

I see you did a little finishing work on that one, udtjim. Poor man's Bark River? :D I got one at Blade. It's a good stout knife and well worth the money. Now I guess I'll have to clean mine up. :thumbup:

Are those 1095 or 420HC? I've heard it both ways, but was wondering. They look good!

I think they are lower carbon than 1095, maybe 1075. I forgot. They sharpen up well, though.

I don't have a single favorite bush knife. I alternate between three as my go-to knives for woods bumming, fishing, etc. I love my RAT RC-4, Fiddleback Bushcrafter, and Koster Nessmuck. All three of those are the bees' knees. If I had to pick one out of the three, I'd probably go with the Fiddleback. That handle is the most comfortable out of the three. Pretty basic convexed blade design so it's easy to keep up with.

It took a little work to get this Condor up to par. It had a decent edge but the grind was a little different on one side. I worked for about an hour by hand to get it straightened up. I think it was worth it because it cuts really good now. The only use it has had so far was taking out a bush in the backyard. I have the Roden as well. I wish the Nessie would start showing up.:thumbup:

These are a real bargain and the poor boy blood in me digs that.;)

hey Horndog, whats the knife between the Ritter and the Bear Grylls magic knife? I feel like i should know what it is but i can't quite place it.

Another vote for the Koster, although as mentioned before the scales would benefit of a little bit more beef. Still with the old sheath, have ordered a new one from Martin Swinkel which can be carried horizontally.
DSC_0614.jpg

Two other ones that perform well in the field and have a great weight/size ratio even though they are not real bushcrafters.
HRDSonwallNov07.jpg

Always in my pocket:
68bfe316.jpg

Have a nessie from Ariel which is stunning, need to take some pics.

Carbon Mora Clipper for me.

I find I only want a "better" knife when I'm looking at all these beautiful knife, not when I'm actually bushcrafting.

That said, I certainly wouldn't mind any if the knives posted to this thread, and if you want it, why not. Good for the economy (my excuse)

Chris

Last edited:
I got my two new Laconico's, and my two new NWA's. Just waiting for the Koster Bushcrafter to get here in a few days. Anyone else want to add thier favorite blades to take in the bush or thier favorite camp site.

Back