Favorite Canoe?

My fav so far is this SFO from Queen for Cozy Glenn (Daniels family) single spring, 1095 blade steel. :D

Dave
IMG_1038.jpg
IMG_1036.jpg
IMG_1034.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
biglmbass said:
How's the blade snap on your example, by the way? Nice and solid walk and talk?

My Case Canoe has the best walk and talk of any Case I have owned, pretty much perfect!

I have the very same Canoe like Mr. OldBoy... Carl Schlieper in stag

IMG_1045.jpg

A pic about the nicely stag handles and their thickness

IMG_1057.jpg

Great knife!

nice stuff! recently got a rough rider brand canoe to try out the pattern. havent sharpened, used or carried it yet so i dont suppose this post will be much help to anyone. lol

I've got a mini or baby canoe by Jerry Barlow that I love. Actually I have two, one is my wife's in blackberry dyed armadillo hide tanned by Jerry after a bleach bath. He does armadillo like no other! I've got several of his bullet proof armor plated armadillo knives now and all of them are great pocket knives. Anyway, the stabilized spalted maple, which is what Jerry told me it was just recently, are the handles on this mini canoe and give it a tiger stripe appearance. I like this folder because of how it carries very well in the pocket too. Perfect size! That is also one of Jerry's baby butter beans or what he calls a baby butter bean in the way of the dark burgundy bone dye that has a orange tinge to it. Its pretty nice too but heavy and hard to hold for me. I like the canoe models fine tho. [video=youtube;gwvhWneIXwo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwvhWneIXwo[/video]

I really love this one:

P1000416.jpg

I also have a Case CV in amber bone...much thinner blades and lighter weight.

I've got a mini or baby canoe by Jerry Barlow that I love. Actually I have two, one is my wife's in blackberry dyed armadillo hide tanned by Jerry after a bleach bath. He does armadillo like no other! I've got several of his bullet proof armor plated armadillo knives now and all of them are great pocket knives. Anyway, the stabilized spalted maple, which is what Jerry told me it was just recently, are the handles on this mini canoe and give it a tiger stripe appearance. I like this folder because of how it carries very well in the pocket too. Perfect size! That is also one of Jerry's baby butter beans or what he calls a baby butter bean in the way of the dark burgundy bone dye that has a orange tinge to it. Its pretty nice too but heavy and hard to hold for me. I like the canoe models fine tho. [video=youtube;gwvhWneIXwo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwvhWneIXwo[/video]

Thanks for the great video. Those are "cute" knives. I've never had a baby canoe and haven't heard of Jerry. I'll have to do some research on his knives. I'm interested in the purple armadillo. Can you get a pic of the armadillo handles for a close up?
Thanks!

Back