Favorite Cold Steel machete and why?

I like the Tanto Machete as well .. actually most of the CS machetes. Can't beat them for "bang for the buck".

Truth. I have a bunch of Condors but for some reason, likely due to many factors, the prices have gone through the roof in Canada. When I see Condors listed at $150.00, I remember that I can have a lot of bush fun with utilitarian C.S. machetes. Condors ''bang for the buck'' days of a few years back seem long gone up here now.

Truth. I have a bunch of Condors but for some reason, likely due to many factors, the prices have gone through the roof in Canada. When I see Condors listed at $150.00, I remember that I can have a lot of bush fun with utilitarian C.S. machetes. Condors ''bang for the buck'' days of a few years back seem long gone up here now.

It's not just in Canada, Condor's prices have been going up in the US was well. Used to, a new Condor catalog would come out, and most of the machete/big camp knife type stuff would be in the $45-60 range, with the "higher end" micarta handled models being more like $70-80, and the polypro handled ones being down in the $30 range. Now, the polypro models still remain fairly cheap, but the wood handled models are more in the $70-80 range, and the micarta stuff is nearing $100...and making things worse, more and more of the new stuff has the micarta handles, rather than the wood, with even fewer new models being polymer. So not only have the prices gone up, but they've shifted more production to the higher end of their line that is the most expensive.

I bought two of the HEAVY MACHETES (I love cane knife style machetes). For combined price, design & material you simply can't brad cold steel! Sure the are better ones but they are 3-5x as expensive.

It's not just in Canada, Condor's prices have been going up in the US was well. Used to, a new Condor catalog would come out, and most of the machete/big camp knife type stuff would be in the $45-60 range, with the "higher end" micarta handled models being more like $70-80, and the polypro handled ones being down in the $30 range. Now, the polypro models still remain fairly cheap, but the wood handled models are more in the $70-80 range, and the micarta stuff is nearing $100...and making things worse, more and more of the new stuff has the micarta handles, rather than the wood, with even fewer new models being polymer. So not only have the prices gone up, but they've shifted more production to the higher end of their line that is the most expensive.

Interesting, thanks for the info. It blows my mind that I can get a C.S. machete up here for about $18-35.00 Hell, back in my drinking days I would blow more than that on one night in the bar, lol.

Interesting, thanks for the info. It blows my mind that I can get a C.S. machete up here for about $18-35.00 Hell, back in my drinking days I would blow more than that on one night in the bar, lol.

Yeah, the CS machetes usually run $20-30 here as well, their prices seem consistent. The tanto machete I got was like $20 shipped and that's like one of their most recent releases.

Back