Favorite folding knife and or fixed blade knife?

Well, my large CRK Classic Sebenza, of course, and one of these fixed blades...
Those fixed blades are:
the Bradford Guardian3 in M390
the Fiddleback Forge Hiking Buddy, and
the SurviveKnives GSO 3.5 in CPM-3V

CRK lge CLASSIC Sebenza.jpg BradfordGuardianG3, FB HikingBuddy, Survive 3.5.jpg

Last edited:
Sonny, are you sure about that middle one being a Fiddleback Hiking Buddy? I haven't seen that handle on the HB. Very nice if so...

I hate these kind of threads. I sit here for 10 minutes writing and deleting trying to choose my favorites. I think they change over time. Right now my favorite folders are my Emerson horseman and manix 2. Fix blade would be this new little ka-bar tdi i just picked up.

Currently carry my G10 Manix 2 and BRK Essential the most (Guardian 3 in 3v very close second though).

Folder. SOG Gen 1 Tomcat: not my pic, but has correct markings
sog-tomcat-1-original-full-view-mainnozh2002-bf.jpg

Fixed, Tiger Shark
top one.
pkKozhB6xMv3WCrb9HAko6cU82Ar0hbih693DxMqzZp2hf_u41-xIWXVek8uYhmjiHruA5fgxjW9MAS5lg=w413-h275

I stink at posting pics. My favorite knives are the Tops Tom Brown Scout, and the ZT 0350sw.

Sonny, are you sure about that middle one being a Fiddleback Hiking Buddy? I haven't seen that handle on the HB. Very nice if so...

I'm not Sonny, but I know his Hiking Buddy and that ain't her. She's probably out on a mission. That middle knife appears to be a Nathan Carothers 3" EDC model.

As for my choices in folder and FB, it would be my Bradford G3 and a toss-up between my 3" XM-18 and my MP-1. The MP-1 is only a couple of weeks old but I'm really starting to gravitate toward it being my favorite Hinderer.

Spyderco Chinook: pure fun, just kind of a work of art, but not particularly useful. I love that curvy wicked-looking blade, and the loud "clack" when that big beefy backlock locks the blade open.
Spyderco Paramilitary 2: best performing, most reliable, best designed, most useful folding knife I have ever owned in the price range of less than $200.
ESEE Junglas: serious big knife chopping power.

y4mcvh9Wje65WcDTv1euFsGSnbvWOkOccjSC2EmDdTKh3Q0v4zT3EEXM4bbYHBCDBMLztsNwsdOy0-GU9Ei4R9jlcfhd1u_ir4wzbf3f6064s863jXlt1YK93fD5SIlMaFfD2j3JELhUjZ877utLcMlIed3-0ZH9nQedwtWV5Bgxtk37cuEnXxAcW84psCOm7foKjq7YzeyBldLVrm6_vG_jA

Marci, I find it hard to picture you gathering mushrooms. :eek: 115 Italian, I hate to tell you, but that isn't always dirt and the taste isn't necessarily earth. ;)

Back