Favorite for daily carry

Currently no Spyderco knives reside in my humble collection of knives. I am however looking to pick up a large plain edge Wegner and someday a Starmate will take it's place in my collection.
I am not big on folders but I have heard wonderful things about both of these knives and wish to add them to my "armory"
wink.gif

Heck, I may even pick up one of those Morans I read so much about.

I carry the H Viele. The fit&finish is excellant, it open fast and smoothly, and holds an edge forever.

Jack Knife

I HAVE CARRIED THE WALKER LW PLAINEDGE FOR CLOSE TO SIX YEARS.

I OWN AND CARRY OTHER SPYDERCO'S: SNAP-IT, YELLOW RESCUE (OLD VERSION), ENDURA, PRO-VENATOR (MY LEAST FAVORITE, I HATE THE RUBBER LINING ON THE CLIP), VARIOUS LADYBUGS AND THE WALKER LW. I HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED A DELICA, ROOKIE, BABY GODDARD, CRICKET, AND A STANDARD. I ALSO HAVE BEEN CARRYING A CRKT KIT CARSON FOLDER AS OF RECENT.

I THINK MY STANDARD IN PLAIN EDGE IS GOING TO RETIRE MY WELL USED WALKER. THE G-10 SCALES AND THAT HEAVY DUTY BLADE SEEM LIKE A REAL WINNER TO ME. I WISH THE CLIP WAS ORIENTED FOR TIP UP CARRY (THAT IS WHY MY ROOKIE COMES IN A CLOSE SECOND) BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT'S PERFECT.

I HAVE TO SAY OVERALL THOUGH MY FAVORITE FOR STYLE AND A WICKED SHARP BLADE IS THE WALKER LW. PERHAPS I WILL PURCHASE ONE IN ALMITE FINISH TO KEEP ONE HANDY.

------------------
EXCUSE ME WHILE I WHIP THIS OUT.
**Blazing Saddles**

My daily carry used to be my blue native but it wore through the liner of my pants pocket fairly quickly. So now I've switched to my Howard Viele. But since I've got a drawer full of Spyderco's it was a tough choice.
Davy

Endura II w/plain edge.

------------------
K. Williams
kel620@aol.com
Modern Arnis Student

M-F; Military or full size AFCK in right rear pants pocket & either a Native set up for a lefty or a Benchmade 705 Axis-Lock set for a lefty in my left front pocket.
On weekends I just grab whatever strikes me at the moment, but it is definatley a Spyderco.
Phrede

Since we are on the subject of Calypsos, I have a Jr. and a VG-10 on sale at great prices. See for sale section. Will negotiate.

Since we are on the subject of Calypsos, I have a Jr. and a VG-10 on sale at great prices. See for sale section. Will negotiate.

I give up and participate 'discussion' in this thread.

Today (and in 9 times of 10) CF baby Calypso aka Dragonfly. When I don't have Dragonfly I have plain Cricet ltwt.

Normally I add one of Calypso, Calypso jr, Calypso jr ltwt or Kershaw Random Task to go with that Dragonfly. But CF Dragonfly has been my favorite daily carry some months now.

If there was large Ti Calypso that would be my daily carry with Ti Dragonfly.

Dragonfly Lightweight or Kershaw G-10 Wild Turkey. Both are lightweight and solid folders...

If I'm feeling a bit froggy I'll opt for a little Old Timer slip-joint peanut model and my BM 710 Axis-Lock (which I'm trying to trade for a StarMate - let me know if you're interested).

Jon

PS - Always have a Victorinox mini-champ II on my keychain and a Leatherman Wave in my car too.

I'm new to the Spyderco scene, and I just have added a Standard and a Rookie to my collection (both plain edge). Next buy = a serrated Endura to keep in my vehicle. For everyday carry though? I think the Rookie is my favorite right now.

Currently a PS Endura 98 and a Wenger SAK, but that may change with a G-10 Police and a Wegner on order.

Mine was an endura 98. This was bought to replace the old model endura that slipped out of my pocket because of the crappy clip.
My daily carry for the about the last 4 years has been an endura of some sort.
The new endura broke, so I'm looking for something new and it will most likely be spyderco.

------------------
  • ch

Front pocket - Starmate
Keys chain - Lady bag
Motorcycle riding jacket - outer pocket- Delica
Office drawer - Endura (old style)

Smaller knife to carry, I like my Calypso Jr. For bigger task I carry an large AFCK.
smile.gif

Back