Favorite Front Flipper

Pulled this baby out just for this thread. She was a little gunky and a little dusty but she's now wearing a fresh coat of CLP. Cold Steel 33C UltraLock clip point circa 1994 featuring it's trademarked (!) ThumbGlide opening system, "just like using a Bic lighter."

IMG-20181121-234454.jpg

IMG-20181121-234425.jpg
This was my dad's EDC in the 90s! Brings back some memories, I remember their goody ads punching knives through the hood of cars and such.

I have only handled a small number of front flippers. I had a shamwari and promptly sold it. It was a great knife, but I was just so uncomfortable with how much money I had into it. But it worked great. However, my favorite was the Olamic Busker. That thing is a BLAST to play with. I sold mine recently to try some new things and.... kind of regret it. I am positive I'll own one again. My only gripe with it was that, and I am prob in the minority, I would prefer a spring clip.

Since this thread has bumped back up, I’ll just mention that I’ve since sold my Busker, though I really did enjoy owning it.

I currently have gotten really attached to my Boos Smoke. Great front flipper!

Yes, since this thread has been bumped...I'll add a pic of my two favorite front flippers.
IMG_1218.JPG
ENJOY!!

I have the Smoke. It's fine.

My favorite is the Gareth Bull Shamwari. If I had to keep one of my front flippers and one only, that would be it.
There was a lightly used left hand Gareth Bull Shamwari on the Arizona site last summer, but between the big bucks (mostly) and the talk on here of sketchy warranty service, I passed. It was only up for 2 or 3 days before it sold.
I wish someone would make a nice production front flipper for us lefties.:(

Burger knives aka Trevor Burger customs is on of the original creators of the front flipper and today one of my favorite makers of the front flipper or any knife for that matter.

If you haven't tried one, your missing out.
The bokers based on them have nothing in common besides look, they are far superior.

trevor-burger-lexk-plus-carbon-fiber-desert-ironwood-bolster-front-flipper-custom-knife-african-custom-knives-south-african-custom-knife-makers-front_2048x2048.jpg

TBC-Knives-8.jpg

Back