Favorite kershaw

I almost always have a case or buck traditional but in the last couple years I've also added a modern folder to my carry. I've owned alot of knives as most here have. I've owned benchmade,spyderco,buck,kabar,kershaw.
I always seen to come back to Kershaw. All the Kershaw knives I have owned I really liked
For me the dividend ,knockout and cryo are 3 if my favs. I also carry a fraction right now.
Just wondering what is everyone's favorite jershaw,should info back to a knockout or dividend or is there something else anyone could reccomend

I have several Kershaw. IMHO the best they ever made (and one of the first) is the Oso-Sweet. A perfect A/O if you like those.
Rich

I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I have four Knockouts & four Launches. Carry one or the other each day. Favorite is the M390 Carbon Fiber Knockout: lots of blade, good steel & just a hair over three ounces in weight. (Don't even mind too much that it's assisted as I've collected a few extra torsion bars over the years.)

Currently the only Kershaws I own are a Link, CQC-6K and a 3" Injection. The Injection and CQC are in the the glove boxes of my cars. I use them as backups for those days when I rush out of the house and forget to put a knife in my pocket.
The Link is the only one that I carry. Albeit, only occasionally.
However, with all that being said. Of all the Kershaws I've owned over the years. The one I enjoyed the most BY FAR was the Induction. The Hawk Lock made it one of the most lefty friendly Kershaws ever and the action was just downright fun.
I gave mine away 2 years ago to a good friend that needed a decent knife and just never got around to replacing it. Now that it's discontinued, I can't justify the price people have been asking.
So I wait until Kershaw decides to release a new design with a Hawk Lock.

Last edited:
My "favorites" change pretty regularly, but I keep picking up Blurs, so I guess this is my favorite. It's an iconic knife like the Spyderco Endura.
gcEU6ny.jpg

Last edited:
mwhich50 mwhich50 I hear you loud and clear, I rarely carry mine because of the clip. Over the last few years I will occasionally reach out to knife mechanics to get it drilled and tapped for tip up with a deep carry clip with no luck so far. When I do find a willing mechanic to do the work mine will definitely get carried.

Well, I guess I'm old school - I had a Kershaw D.W.O. that I lost sometime in the early 90's. Would love to find a gray one again sometime.

-Tyson

I sometimes carry a premium Dividend. With the free deep-carry clip they gave me, it's fantastic for tip-down carry in a shirt, breast, or vest pocket. I haven't found anything better for that sort of carry.

I also like the Fraxion. It has some issues but the design has so much potential. I love the strong snappy detent. I didn't care for the pocket clip but the detent is strong enough for loose pocket carry so I ditched the clip. That little bit of texture from the carbon fiber cutout is surprisingly perfect for what it is. It mates up just right with my fingers as I open it. I chamfered the inner scale edges on mine to improve the ergonomics. The factory grind on mine was a little funky but that's an easy fix. The big issue for me is that it's 8Cr13Mov. The $25ish street price on the Fraxion isn't terrible for 8Cr13Mov but I'd gladly pay extra for 14C28N.

I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I have four Knockouts & four Launches. Carry one or the other each day. Favorite is the M390 Carbon Fiber Knockout: lots of blade, good steel & just a hair over three ounces in weight. (Don't even mind too much that it's assisted as I've collected a few extra torsion bars over the years.)[/QUOTE

I wish they would offer more colors in the entry level (Sandvic) Knockouts.

Bareknuckle, Natrix and Natrix XL, Injection 3.5, Thermite, and Concierge. Oh, and my first one, the Tone! Been meaning to get a Knockout just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I gave someone my Cryo because he needed a new knife, and sold my Cryo 2 to someone else who lost their knife. I really enjoyed the Cryo 2, but having a ZT 566cf, 0562cf, the Thermite, an xm-18 and Xm-24, I think I'm good on Hinderers!

... The Kersaw has to be the worst pocket clip ever invented by mankind. ...

Before the recent revolution in Chinese budget knives, I spent a lot of time with Kershaws in my pocket. They were one of the best values and had a lot of decent designs but so many of them had goofy clips. I was often on the lookout for reasonable replacement clips.

My last successful discovery was that the unusual deep-carry clip for the Kershaw Brookside (Dick's Exclusive) fits two of the screw holes for the Kershaw Clash.

My EDC Kershaw is a 1670TBLKST Ken Onion Tanto assist. My fancy show off Kershaw is an auto Model 7300.

Another vote for the shallot here! Love that underrated sandvik steel it comes in.too!!!!

Back