Favorite kershaw

Somebody mentioned the Knockout. I got one of those with the better steel. It's wicked sharp, but just a *tad* bulky for clipping on to dress pants pockets, so I stick with the Blur, I got one of those with the better steel as well.

Favorite Kershaw(s)?
4500 & 4510.
Small and large "Lever Lock".
Long, long, long discontinued & mostly despised by all - except a very few (such as myself).

I see a Leek in my very near future though - which should be my newest favorite EDC.

... Chill - R.J. Martin design. It's thin in the hand but doesn't feel delicate. Nice little flipper. Blade is just the right size and shape. $25. No one ever talks about this model, and I don't know why. I guess because it has an 8Cr blade and costs less than $50. ...
... Have 2 Chills that I made wood scales for (ipe and osage orange). Having a wider handle really makes them nice to use. ...

I rather like the Chill. I feel like it should have made a bigger splash as a manual Kershaw, especially for the time it came out. Maybe that was the issue. I feel like it got overshadowed by the Skyline. The Skyline really took off and had a good run with aftermarket scales and such. I actually didn't like the Skyline and preferred the overall design of the Chill. The reason that the Chill didn't stick in my EDC rotation is the 8Cr13Mov.

Like the Fraxion, the Chill is yet another entry on the "I wish it had better steel" list. If the Chill was available in 14C28N, I'd be all about some nice wood scales. Osage orange sounds fantastic. I'd love to see some pics.

For function I love the Dividend M390, it's a TON of knife for the money, it's just the right size for me, and that blade shape is pretty great. I always gripe about AO, but whatever, it works and it's US made.

I'm gonna go with the Atmos as my favorite design. Something about it really catches the eye and the bearings make it incredibly smooth. It's way nicer than the price you pay for it would suggest.

I'm dreaming of a mid range US made Atmos / 0470 design. Something that sits right inbetween the two would be fantastic.

blur in the current models. older model like the boa i sure still like.

i use to work in a produce department back in 2012, i used a Kershaw Brawler --- for everything!
i cut into produce be it roots, vegetables, fruits, it took on it all, liner lock never failed, never had to tighten the pivot screw, even cut icy-waxed boxes (lots of produce come in boxes full of ice and treated with wax to prevent them from breaking down)
i would use their crappy no-name sharpening steel to put some kind of edge of the knife, i used it for a year before i replaced it with a benchmade fixed adamas which i was also surprised to not see a single bit of rust or pit on the D2 steel even with all that water and ice, back to the kershaw i was very surprised by that 20 dollar knife
my local sporting goods store couldn't keep it on the shelf fast enough, i kept trying to buy multiple, copies of it, it deserved its name, its one hell of a brawler

Kershaw Link. One of the best knives I've ever owned. Their version of 420 HC was the best I've ever used. I could get that knife laser sharp. Awesome design and great looks. I regret gifting my Link.

I did really like my Shallot; and, at times, I regret giving it away...if only it wasn't a/o. I have one Kershaw left - my favorite, the Vapor II.
I happened to be looking for a picture of the Vapor II to post, and I noticed I replied to a thread with this same title in 2017. Luckily, my answer was the same.
Found a picture I'd posted in 2018 (there were others; but they all had other knives in them)
View attachment 1445573

My Copper Natrix has been getting a lot of pocket time lately.

dffDuyd.jpg

The Kershaw Ram. I still have a Snap on version. I don't carry it tho. It might show up on the exchange one day.

My 2nd is the Blur. Another that doesn't get carried.

I got rid of all my other Kershaws, those are the only two I have left.

I thought about a Link/Dividend in M390 since I've never tried M390 but I'm not a big fan of metal handles.

Another RAM fan, my #2 would be the Mini Cyclone Ti. I no longer have either, 2 knives I regret getting rid of!

Neck and neck between the Blur and Leek.

I think it's telling that there is so much variation in answers to this question - Kershaw makes some nice knives!

I almost always have a case or buck traditional but in the last couple years I've also added a modern folder to my carry. I've owned alot of knives as most here have. I've owned benchmade,spyderco,buck,kabar,kershaw.
I always seen to come back to Kershaw. All the Kershaw knives I have owned I really liked
For me the dividend ,knockout and cryo are 3 if my favs. I also carry a fraction right now.
Just wondering what is everyone's favorite jershaw,should info back to a knockout or dividend or is there something else anyone could reccomend
Skyline and Blur Tanto

Back