Favorite knife + favorite hobby

The off topic discussion on RC cars in the EDC thread got me curious to see if knife people tend to have similar passions beyond knives. Post a pic of your favorite knife (or one of them) and your favorite hobby (or 2nd favorite if knives are #1). Doesn't have to be in the same photo!

As much as I love knives, my RZR is my favorite hobby (and biggest money pit). Current favorite knife is my Anso Orso.

Wuf7LGD.jpg

That some large scale bonsai? Pretty cool.

I'm just getting into gardening as a hobby--which is mostly pest control around here lol. I'll get a pic in a bit.

I have too many knives to have just one favorite, but here's one of my current top choices. The confusing Seraphim Korsar, I'd describe it as a gentleman's folding tactical butter knife:

fvGvh9O.jpg

My hobbies are many and varied, but guns, whittling, video games, photography and trolling interacting politely on Internet forums are some of my favorites.

One of my favorites along with some coins I collect:

DSC_2786.jpg

1858 Flying Eagle cent, the first small cent after the large cent
1864 2 cent
1864 Trime, 3 cent
1873 Seated Liberty dime
1864 Seated Liberty Half
1872 Seated Liberty Dollar
Right now concentrating more on large cents and the oddballs like half cents and 20 cents. Also colonial money.

Of course photography.
I used to have more cameras than knives!
Same thing, if I wasn't going to shoot it, it had to go.
Now I'm down to 10 cameras or so...mostly film cameras.
My latest custom knife along with my Nikon S2 rangefinder. My favorite film shooter.

DSC_2795.jpg

I also got a Rolleiflex 2.8C, a Nikon FE2, a couple of press cameras, some old Kodak 120s, well, you get the idea.

My favorite belt knife and my all time favorite air rifle of the 35 airguns I'm currently weaning down a bit.

This rifle has had 3 owners in it's life time, my dad, the cousin he bought it off of to replace his first that was stolen, and me who it will be with till I'm gone.
It's had it's stock violated in the form of a horrible refinish job by me as a teenager, had it's barrel soldered back on by Tim Macmurray, had the breech drilled & tapped for a William's 5Dsh, been resealed by me, and most recently I re-refinished the stock earlier this week.
The knife almost cuts with the precision this rifle shoots with ;)
It's no sentimental piece per say, just a knife I was interested in that a fellow forum member passed along to me that really happened to check a bunch of boxes.

Last edited:
Knives&Lint... super nice pics, especially the Chris Reeve CGG on the blue background !!

Back