Favorite movie knife?

I know most movie knives are pretty cheesy but still seeing that we're all knife nuts here I thought we could indulge in a little fun.
What's your favorite movie knife? It doesn't have to be practical, just something you like for whatever reason.

I'd have to say mine is the knife that Brad Pitt used in Legends of the fall. I really like that one.
Iz

I like that blade too man.

The blade that Daniel Day Lewis uses in Last of the Mohicans. Tom Beringer has a cool one in Last of the Dogmen too.

My all time favorite movie knife was the switchblade "Johnny" carried in The Outsiders! Solingen or Hubertus maybe?? I know it was a leverlock with shot shell puller bolsters on it. Wow...I wanna watch that movie again!!

The Bowie in Inglourious Basterds and the Bowie in Seraphim Falls.

The Punishers knife was pretty cool as well !

The Bowie in Inglourious Basterds and the Bowie in Seraphim Falls.

The Punishers knife was pretty cool as well !

Yea Im not particularly a big knife man but that Nazi marking knife Pitt carried in that movie was pretty sweet. I am going to have to think on this for a while tho to come up with my final answer. I liked the one Selleck carried in Quigley down under pretty good too, just never did see a good shot of it.

I designed a blade shape based on Legends of the fall one. Great knife! I like the bowie in Dracula, the one with Anthony Hopkins.

How about the one in ' The last trapper ', that's a knife that sure gets talked about a lot on the forums, lol !

I know it's cheesy watched it with my wife " disclaimer" but the straight razors Johnny Dep has in Sweeny Todd. cool stuff .

Crud, I'm behind the curve. I don't remember most of these that you guys are coming up with. We gotta get some pics and stills in this thread!
And unfortunately I can't find any for the dadgum legends of the fall knife.:mad:
Iz

I'm a huge Indiana Jones fan. My favorite action movies ever, all of them. All I can say, Khyber Bowie

images

Moose

My all time favorite movie knife was the switchblade "Johnny" carried in The Outsiders! Solingen or Hubertus maybe?? I know it was a leverlock with shot shell puller bolsters on it. Wow...I wanna watch that movie again!!

That's one of my favorites too. All the knife scenes from that movie are shown in the following vid starting at 3:45, and a bunch of switchblades from other movies as well...

http://www.youtube.com/user/oAROWANAo?feature=mhum#p/u/3/E1TXsYy3jQw
[youtube]E1TXsYy3jQw[/youtube]

Crud, I'm behind the curve. I don't remember most of these that you guys are coming up with. We gotta get some pics and stills in this thread!
And unfortunately I can't find any for the dadgum legends of the fall knife.:mad:
Iz

Here ya go ;)

Inglourious Basterds :

ingloriousbasterdsqt2.jpg

By pitdog2010 at 2010-11-19

Seraphim Falls :

32831320070819233036.jpg

The Punisher :

80786987.jpg

I've got a question, and its not really one that has an answer, but I would like to hear what ya'll have to say.

Why the hell do movie knives have to be so over the top?

I mean, I would like to see a movie where a good, simple knife, is used properly and becomes the star of the show. The movie The Hunted was stupid at times, mainly cause it was a 2 hour long add for the TBT, and if you look, the one in the movie looks more like a Scorpion than a Tracker. How come you don't see a Turley being used by a guy who crashed his bush plane in Saskatchewan, and has to find his way out? Kill a couple of mountain lions (we all know Turleys can do that :p), or maybe fashion a bush bench to take a dump from. Seriously, they always take it too far, causing us real knife lovers to cringe at the thought that you could do "that" with a knife. Just an observation.

Moose

I've got a question, and its not really one that has an answer, but I would like to hear what ya'll have to say.

Why the hell do movie knives have to be so over the top?

I mean, I would like to see a movie where a good, simple knife, is used properly and becomes the star of the show. The movie The Hunted was stupid at times, mainly cause it was a 2 hour long add for the TBT, and if you look, the one in the movie looks more like a Scorpion than a Tracker. How come you don't see a Turley being used by a guy who crashed his bush plane in Saskatchewan, and has to find his way out? Kill a couple of mountain lions (we all know Turleys can do that :p), or maybe fashion a bush bench to take a dump from. Seriously, they always take it too far, causing us real knife lovers to cringe at the thought that you could do "that" with a knife. Just an observation.

Moose
Hey if ya look back at one of my posts in this thread I mention the movie the last trapper, he uses the humble Mora !;):thumbup:

I have a few, Seraphim Falls, I actually have the knife made by Muela, Jeremiah Johnson, Last of the Dogmen and Quigley Down Under.
Scott

Lets not forget the movies that started the movie knife craze Rambo . all the Rambo knives are cool including the new one . Don't worry Iz just do a seach on the movies and you'll find clips that show the knives . I like that you grind and spend time outdoors but man you gotta keep up .

Lets not forget the movies that started the movie knife craze Rambo . all the Rambo knives are cool including the new one . Don't worry Iz just do a seach on the movies and you'll find clips that show the knives . I like that you grind and spend time outdoors but man you gotta keep up .

Lol. I'm computer challenged. heh.

I'm digging that inglorious bastards knife!

I just love looking at knives, is that so wrong?:D
Iz

Back