Favorite, next one, dream Spydie

No need to worry about derails here. We come to talk about knives, lets talk about them. As long as there is no bs about one way being better then the other im alright with it.

Current: s110v Millie
Next: k390 Police
Dream knife: FRN Salt Millie with lc200n

Favorite: my gb2 cause I'm currently in disbelief about how great M4 is.

Next: a replacement delica or a Caribbean once they drop.

Dream: a citadel that I still regret never buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite is my SB Stretch. I think at the top of my must haves that I can afford right now and eill probably be my next is a Zdp Dragonfly. And my dream is a Nirvana. I plan on buying myself one as soon as I pass my Journeyman Electrician exam

Fav = 204P/Dark Green G10 Military

Next = S90V/CF/Ti Military or a Standard Lefty Military (which ever is in stock first)

Dream = Military with a CPM3V blade and a peel ply carbon fiber handle and liner lock.... or a Ti RIL/CF handle... or a Ti RIL/Dark Green G10 handle

Would you believe that the Military is my "THE ONE" folding knife???

Last edited:
Current fav is the Mantra
Next is the XHP Manix2 Lw that's on it's way. But still looking for a Hap40 Delica too.
Wish right now is a sprint Para3, probably cruwear or 204p, without the lanyard hole

Favorite: S110V Para2 on titanium handle
Second: my preciously sold Yojimbo 2, still thinking about getting another one
Dream: Flipper Para 2 on "frame" compression lock (like the titanium ATR)

Favorite: GB-1.

Next to buy: Manix XL DLC

Wish: here I'm going to differ from probably everybody. I wish Sal & Eric would return to their roots, and make a sharpening system with infinitely variable angles from 10 to 40 degrees per side; some kind of a quick-position system so that the user can quickly and easily repeat the same exact angle for both sides of the blade; a "memory" system so that the user can return to the same settings for a given knife a month (or whatever) later; the ability to clamp and sharpen any Spyderco knife (that is, the dimensions of any Spyderco knife built to date will easily fit in this sharpener; the use of a "standard" stone like Edge Pro; the ability to produce a mirror-edge finish - essentially, a sharpener that pulls out all the stops on the design and build build side, and lets Sal really turn his brain loose.

I would buy that sharpener. I'm guessing Sal has probably contemplated something similar to what you're dreaming of. Lots of sharpening rigs out these days though.

Favorite(s) for different reasons are the top three in the picture.

Caly 3 was the first folder I bought, and it's the knife that got me hooked. Beautiful ergos, steel and cf. The quality of it is what got me, I'm sure if it dulled and fell apart I'd have given up on folders, and put an olfa back in my pocket. I carried it daily for over a year and it held up beautifully.

Domino, great design and build quality. Very fun to flip and flick, I really like the cts-xhp, and the blue cf is a nice touch.

Slysz Bowie is just an all around great frame lock folder. I love the simplicity and just how it feels and operates. Very nice finish on the handles and blade.

Spyderco's that I'd like to get next... quite a few actually

Pm2
Ti native
Ti damascus delica
Spidie chef
Efficient looks pretty cool.
Advocate
Mantra

There's more, there's always more.

Dream knife, I'd like a caly 3 Damascus bolstered. It's been done before, but they're hard to find these days. Sort of a tribute to the knife that brought me into the knife world.

My favorite - SpydieChef
Next - Slysz Bowie
Dream - Another Marcin Slysz design

Fav: Dark Green Military 204p steel

Next: Carribean plain edge

Dream: Military in LC200N steel

Im sure there are plenty of Slysz designs to come. I dont know Spydercos sale records, but im guessing Slysz's models are near the top of the mid to higher priced spydies.

Fluted titanium Military. The Military is the best handling knife I've ever owned. Fluted Titanium is beautiful and amazingly ergonomic. I couldn't wait for super steels I've swapped two to the Cruwear and S90V.

Great anticipation for the Militarized Police 4!

Favorite: Gayle Bradley 2. Unbelievable value.

Next: Hanan. Gorgeous and compact. I think this Southard collaboration is the most Southardy one yet.

Dream: Lip opening modern traditional <3" folder. Lip openers are where the blade tang extends slightly beyond the handle scale when closed, and gives leverage to opening the blade. Often called front flippers, but distinguished as different by the South African knife making community. This helps maintain a very slim profile. Modern traditional as in a traditional slim and rounded design but made with modern materials (CF, Ti, micarta/G10). I don't know if it's outside the scope of something Spyderco would be interested in, as it obviates the Spyderhole, but I'm hoping they'd be curious enough to tackle lip openers and front flippers as they did tab flippers.

Last edited:
Favorite: Pacific Salt

Next: Fish Hunter

Dream: Tri-Ad Lock, 5" blade spear shaped folder (ala Hold Out I from Cold Steel) in LC200N steel and bi-directional FRN scales

Favorite: Not good a picking favorites, but today I'll go with Super Blue Caly 3.5 sprint and give an honorable mention to the regular production blacked out Para2, because it's always looked amazing to me. :cool:

Next: #1 must have is the lefty Para2. Will be hard to resist the Sliver and have wanted another Chaparral, interested to see some in-the-wild pics of the new Raffir Noble scales.

Dream: I really can't complain with all of the lefty friendly or ambi Spyderco options available, especially with the lefty PM2 coming and the re-release of the left-hand Military, but I pass on a LOT of designs I like b/c they're only offered in righty liner and frame locks. Would love to have a lefty Slysz Bowie or Spydiechef, but realize it would probably be risky/unprofitable for Spyderco to do due to low volume.

Back