Favorite Rimfires

My Kimber Hunter 22; scoped with a Weaver Rimfire Classic 3-9x32mm AO. Knife is a Queen Carved Stag Bone #44 single blade folding hunter.

VPUQGtn.jpg
That sir is a beautiful rifle.

My all-time favorite is a '62 Marlin 39A I restored and like an idiot sold. Crazy accurate. Currently it's my Ruger American wood stock. Most accurate was an older CZ bolt action but the trigger was crap and it was very ammo sensitive. Too dramatic for me.

My all-time favorite is a '62 Marlin 39A I restored and like an idiot sold. Crazy accurate. Currently it's my Ruger American wood stock. Most accurate was an older CZ bolt action but the trigger was crap and it was very ammo sensitive. Too dramatic for me.
Not for sure if I could call my CZ ammo sensitive but it definitely prefers certain ammo, like most of my guns.

I talked to a competitive shooter for quite a while one day at the range and he suggested having my rifle bedded. He said my groups were actually pretty good but he felt that bedding the rifle would show a noticeable improvement.
I still haven't gotten that done.

Very nice v6, I love my takedown. I had to send mine back to Ruger for a barrel and bolt replacement. Works great now and they installed Williams Firesights, at my request, for free.

Back