Favorite SAK Alox

My modded "Deluxe" Farmer just arrived this afternoon. Those pliers are gonna be handy!

Jeff

Pics or it didn't happen jds1. :D

Oh, it happened! :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Check out that pin work. It looks like it came straight from Vic with the pliers already on board!

Jeff

That is the coolest thing I've seen in some time, and this is coming from a guy whose not the biggest fan of SAK pliers. Still cool. What great work!

Agree... impressive!

Now if only you could hide an inline philips behind those pliers, like they did with the Workchamp. That would be amazing.

My favorite is my "modded" Vic Farmer with scissors added...a VERY useful mod!

Ron

abSDC10059.jpg

While I've already voted in this thread for the Cadet, I've been carrying my Electrician this week.

It's a great Alox Vic, same as the Pioneer but for two things.

1) The electrician's blade instead of the phillips/can opener
2) No key/lanyard ring

The lack of a lanyard ring makes the knife very comfortable to hold and use. I'm considering modding the cap lifter tool to be more like the "combo tool" seen on the Bantam or old Golfer. This would involve grinding the edge of the cap lifter to where it is sharp enough to open cans as well.

0301075455.jpg

Here's the combo tool on a Vic Alox Bantam. I think it should be included on any model that has a cap lifter with no can opener tool.

0111082900.jpg

Fishstalker, a guy who went by the moniker "Scibeer" did the mod. He lives out in California, but has since "retired" from doing these types of mods. I found out about him over on SOSAK (www.sosakonline.com) a few years back and had him make one up for me. I believe there are others doing these types of mods now, though.

Regards,
Ron

Back