Favorite Simonich Blade?

I saw a pic of his Kootenai for the first time last night. I have to have one of these. This is number one on my wanted list.

attachment.php

Rob once made a terrific short sword... it's my favorite.

n2s

Ah, the Kootenai.... we chatted back and forth so much on the design of that knife that I almost felt like it was a design being custom made for me. It will be an awesome knife in class all it's own if they continue on with the design. An awesome knife in a class all it's own, a lot like it's maker.

Hey Paul....

Hey,, Thats right..:) forgot I obtained that from you...

Actually i use it all the time.. It fits Great in the leg pocket on my Carharts...

I even like the River City Sheath..:) Only thing I did was change the G-clip...

Thanks

Eric...

I was fortunate to have spent some dirt time with Rob on Ron Hood's suvival course in Idaho in 2000... Rob had made two knives for that trip, and I bought them both. The SRT he carried his self, and can be seen in the Hood's video of the trip.

He also made a one-off Aurora, 8" with a survival kit in the handle. I must say it is my favorite...

I also have one of the talonite Kanjis, and the original proto of the Raven. I will have to get one of the Mid-Techs, as this Raven will never be used.

The Talon is a wonder in the hand, and vies for being my fav, as well.

Damn, I miss him...

I was never fortunate enough to meet Rob and only had a chance to chat with him on the phone a couple of times about reworking a couple of customs that I purchased and had the sellers send them directly to Rob to be refurbished. Rob used the term "ghosts" about how the knives would look after being refinished since the "Buffalo" / Clancy MT logo wouldn't be as dark.

Well my "ghost" Nordooh and Aurora after traveling from California and Indiana to Montana and then Hawaii after Rob's tragic passing finally came home today. They join a "couple" of other custom Simonichs that I was lucky enough to buy with the special bonus that since these have already been used and now I will be able to take them out on camping and hiking trips instead of turning them into "safe queens". My Ghost Nordooh and Aurora are sure to exceed my expectations. Not sure about the Talonite Kanji going out to play with it's big brothers but I am leaning towards taking it out as well. I have a couple of mid techs that might let me keep the Kanji alone but only time will tell.

Bitterroot. Not only a great little knife, it just has good medicine. I hope to pick a Crowfoot at the Blade Show too.

Digging up an old thread....My favorite is my ever present Bitteroot and my Urban Raven.

I miss Rob...

3 1/2 years from my last post in this thread and I still carry a Talonite Bitterroot around my neck everyday. It continues to be good medicine for me.

kwai chang, is there any way to get my hands on an Aurora??? I saw the Pics on your site, and that is the only reference to it I can find. It looks like THE PERFECT Knife for me..

kwai chang, is there any way to get my hands on an Aurora??? I saw the Pics on your site, and that is the only reference to it I can find. It looks like THE PERFECT Knife for me..

Now this is funny. I haven't schlepped over to this forum in months and months! And here is a post to me... They say that there are no coincidences...

I am sorry to say that I have no clue as to the availability of any Simonich blades. I never see any for sale, and I don't know of anyone who is selling any. Bummer....

I suspect owners are holding on to them, and I sure can understand why.

If you are looking for a reasonable field knife in the same niche as the Aurora, you might try the BK9, if you can find one, or contact Bill Siegle about one of his. I have a Green Utility that is pretty much my go to knife, now. He posts on Blade Forums' maker's for sale sub-forum...

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

:cool:

Bill

Back