Recommendation? Favorite Spydey Flipper

Jack of All Blades

Platinum Member
Hey knife guys and gals, Ever since I got my hands on the new Ti Military, The only thing Ive been thinking about is a true titanium frame lock flipper. Never had one, can you believe that ??o_O

Whats your opinions on your favorite spydey frame lock flipper ? (yes must be a frame lock, no liner locks. AND PREFERABLY AMBIDEXTROUS as I am a left handed devil.)

All opinions welcomed not just spyderco but mainly looking at spydeys:thumbsup:

Thanks!!

Aren’t the only Spyderco TFF’s with a lefty pocket clip option the Mantra 1 & 2?
If that’s your criteria, it seems you’re a bit limited in Spuderco options.

FWIW I too am a Southard fan.

I think the domino has one too but you may be right because I forgot to check. whoops:oops: good news is the mantra has been calling to me lately:thumbsup:

Aren’t the only Spyderco TFF’s with a lefty pocket clip option the Mantra 1 & 2?
If that’s your criteria, it seems you’re a bit limited in Spuderco options.

FWIW I too am a Southard fan.

My only Spyderco flippers are Dice and Domino. Both are great, but I like the smaller size of Dice; fits my hand better. Mine has custom scales, but stock scales of both Dice and Domino are drilled for 4 way clip positions. Also, both are discontinued but are still in stock at some dealers if you look around.

38778721395_87064c7a5d_c.jpg

Dice, top, with Cuscadi denim micarta scales.

My only Spyderco flippers are Dice and Domino. Both are great, but I like the smaller size of Dice; fits my hand better. Mine has custom scales, but stock scales of both Dice and Domino are drilled for 4 way clip positions. Also, both are discontinued but are still in stock at some dealers if you look around.

is there any difference in flipping smoothness with the domino vs dice? either one considerably easier?

As a lefty, the positron and the mantra series are the only spydie flippers I've handled. The Mantra 1 is by far the superior design, and probably my favorite spyderco design to date.

The Mantra 2 is also a significantly better folder than the positron, which speaks wonders about both the quality of the mantra design and the flaws of the Positron.

Be still my beating heart! That Dice is gorgeous! It's almost like a flippable Chaparral. Looks like I have a new knife at the top of my wish list right now. Thanks for posting!

So far looking at the Domino a little more as it looks almost like a Ti flipper Manix.

I couldn't see myself getting the Domino without getting the Dice a few weeks later.

Mantra 1 is tied with the Domino. Just wish there was a place I could go to get a feel for these in hand.

Back