Favorite steel ?

I have really enjoyed my M390/20CV’s. For what I use folders for Spyderco has those variants down perfectly for me. I keep thinking about trying out some other steels but at present I have no desire to branch out... until I find a specific need to.

CPM-M4

Spyderco has so many offerings. What a cool thing that they make so many different models.

I have only experienced a few so far. I can’t wait to try them all one day.

CruWear is next on my list.

Cruwear is my #1 favorite,but...............thankfully Spyderco has so many fantastic steel's in their knives!not an easy choice!

Thats a loaded question lol... but if i had to pick and use only 1 for edc it would be rex 45 without a doubt. Holds a great edge and is super tough. Sharpening is ok. Not great but not the worse.

Cruwear

Many other steels they use are very acceptable. How could I not like the K390, 4V, Rex 45/ HAP 40 knives? I could live with any of them for a one knife for the rest of my life knife.

Many people seem to like cruwaer. What exactly is this steel better than others like m390, m4, rex45, andk390"

Many people seem to like Cruwear. What exactly is this steel better than others like m390, m4, rex45, andk390"

Cruwear is a very balanced steel. It's not stainless but it's very stain resistant I'd say very close to stainless ... more so than Rex45 or M4. It's pretty tough ... more so than M390 which I find can be brittle in harder use. And it takes a great edge very easily compared to any of those and many others. And it holds an edge fairly well. So I get a very well balanced steel that is resistant to staining that is pretty tough and it is easy to get it screaming sharp ... what's not to like?

Now I like Rex45 and M4 a lot but I like Cruwear slightly better for the balance. I like M390 in smaller blades for it's edge holding but have chipped it a bit in bigger blades that were used harder. I have yet to try Spyderco's K390 so I can't compare that.

Back