Favorite steel ?

Probably Cruwear and Rex 45. Like M4 a lot too though. Have a K390 Para 3 on the way, will be interesting to see what I think of it! :)

Probably Cruwear and Rex 45. Like M4 a lot too though. Have a K390 Para 3 on the way, will be interesting to see what I think of it! :)
Wait..
When/where did this happen ?
I didn't know they had para 3 in k390 !

It depends on what I am doing but my favorite all around is S30V. It gets the job done. That being said, Maxamet is my go to for cutting cardboard. I feel like I can cut thousands of boxes without the need to touch it up all the time.

...Stainless, not sure as I don't have enough experience with different versions. I want to say AEB-L but haven't used any yet...

I have the Jessmuk-C in AEB-L from L.T. Wright. It's damned near impossible to dull this thing with regular day-to-day use in anything less than a year. No chips (in spite of the ridiculously fine Scandi edge) and it responds well to stropping. This is the only AEB-L blade I've ever had, but I would get one again n a heartbeat, if I didn't just LOVE my Jessmuk-C. I've even put my Busse AD on the closet shelf for a while.

How do people like K390? I tried only two knives with this steel: Police 4 and Delica 4. I feel it takes significantly more time to get them to the hair-poping sharpness than most other steels like S30V and M390. They lose that kind of sharpness at about the same pace as these other steels, although they keep a working edge seemingly forever.

My Manbug in K390 gets used a LOT in EDC, and I couldn't be happier. I'm torn between the Endura in K390 and the Shaman in Rex 45 for my next purchase.

M390 and related family

Fits perfect for my daily uses

10V

Im liking my LC200N so far but I need to put some more miles on it.
I really need to pick up something in CruWear and Rex45

I'm a longtime S90V guy but Rex 45 has really captured captured my heart these days. All that said, I do really enjoy K390 and M4 and S30V still hang out in my rotation.

All the knives in my collection are just "safe queens" that never cut anything more than paper or a piece of string.

So, the type of steel really doesn't matter to me (except to the extent that it affects the value of the knives) because the only knives that I really use are just old plain carbon steel kitchen knives.

Sharp. I like sharp steel. Dull steel sucks. Doesnt cut anything!

I think that 204p and S90V have been my best performing spyderco steels. Maybe thats because I have carried those two millies the most. M4 and Rex45 have been great as well. If I was stuck with standard S30V that would be fine by me. Its done what I needed, sharpened easy enough and held a hair popper of an edge for long enough. Once that hair popper is gone, the working edge has seemed to be long lasting.

K390. HAP40 was my favorite until I tried it K390. Seems to have everything I enjoyed about HAP40 but tougher and available in blades as a monosteel. I'd love a well made Japanese kitchen knife in that steel.

All the knives in my collection are just "safe queens" that never cut anything more than paper or a piece of string.
So, the type of steel really doesn't matter to me (except to the extent that it affects the value of the knives) because the only knives that I really use are just old plain carbon steel kitchen knives.

Gotta respect your honesty. I suspect a good deal of people feel the same way, but would never admit it.

Back