Favourite movie with Ka-Bar knife?

The Pacific: Season 1 | Where to watch streaming and online ...

The Pacific Merriell "Snafu" Shelton's (Rami Malek) Hero USMC ...

Just been watching "The Edge Of Darkness" with Mel Gibson,and about 25 minutes into the movie,a Kabar 1212 made a brief appearance.
I always keep an eye out during any movies for a glimpse of my favourite knifemakers products.
A couple of weeks ago,I also noticed on an episode of "Bushcraft Build-off",that one of the contestants was using a BK7.
Cheers from South Australia.

I had forgotten all about this thread,so let me fix that.
Some more movies with Ka-Bars:-
"The Three Kings" (1217) and (Ontario 498)
"The Wall" (1211)
"Green Zone" (1211)
"Dogs of War (1217)
"Tropic Thunder" (Ontario 498)
Also this one,
"G.I.Jane" (1217 and Ontario 498/Camillus?) Although one knife used looks be a "red spacer" variation(?)

Last edited:
Thankyou for correcting me there GIRLYmann,as I only saw the serrated blade and didn`t even notice the guard.

Thanks for the pic GIRLYmann,much appreciated!:thumbsup:

A few other movies I like with Ka-Bars are:-
"Windtalkers" (however I think they are rubber props and not the real deal)
"The Green Berets", Plenty of "Ka-Bars",however John Wayne looks to be carrying a Model 1207.

Not a movie but the new Jack Racher series has Reacher buying a Kabar-looking knife near the end of the first season. Dispatches a couple bad guys with it.

Jimmy lile did 1 and 2 , gill hibben 3 , and pohl force made the latter . There's TONs of info specifics and details to find around here !

Jimmy Lile did do a knife for Rambo 3, and it was used by Sly, but only in the "Minefield" scene.
Apparently Sly didn't like the knife and used Gil's knife for the rest of the movie.
The Minefield scene, which was shot first, wasn't reshot due to budget and time, so Jimmy's knife stayed in the movie.

Jimmy Lile did do a knife for Rambo 3, and it was used by Sly, but only in the "Minefield" scene.
Apparently Sly didn't like the knife and used Gil's knife for the rest of the movie.
The Minefield scene, which was shot first, wasn't reshot due to budget and time, so Jimmy's knife stayed in the movie.

I had to look this up. This article said it was Hibben who made the minefield knife. https://blademag.com/tv-and-movie-knives/rambo-rescue-mission-knife

In one of the trailers for Rambo 3 it shows him forging the Hibben Bowie. The scene was cut from the film, but I remember seeing the short, rat tail, tang and it stuck out in my mind.

1670623299930.png

I can't find any images of it, but in this movie a Kabar is used by one of the bad guys.

In "Captain Fantastic" (2016) Viggo Mortensen gives each of his kids a Ka-Bar while on their journey. I couldn't ever tell if they were legitimate or nameless props, but the kids were pretty excited to have them. Great movie, btw.

Back