FBF Paring Knife group buy?

Bmurray

Gold Member
Anyone interested in a group buy? I think the size and style of this knife is in the EDC sweet spot.

I'd personally like a simple one in natural micarta and white pin stripe, white pins and white bullseye. Anyone interested in getting in on a Paring Knife group-buy?

Fiddleback Forge Paring Knife - CPM 154 - Cross Cut Natural Paper Mica

1 Bmurray Bmurray
2 Fishcharmer Fishcharmer
3 cbach8tw cbach8tw
4 varga49 varga49
5 James River James River
6 Rufus Magnus Rufus Magnus
7 Tristndad Tristndad
8 T Twisted Forest
9 TrainedBullets TrainedBullets
10 R RocketBoy
11 A a2vg1095
12 AntDog AntDog
13 swonut swonut
14 Comprehensivist Comprehensivist

Last edited:
Anyone interested in a group buy? I think the size and style of this knife is in the EDC sweet spot.

I'd personally like a simple one in natural micarta and white pin stripe, white pins and white bullseye. Anyone interested in getting in on a Paring Knife group-buy?

Fiddleback Forge Paring Knife - CPM 154 - Cross Cut Natural Paper Mica

Yes! I'm very interested. It is my favorite "new" fiddleback model.

I've been using one in the kitchen since last January(¹/⁸ A2), and picked up one in black micarta in ¹/¹⁶ th 8670 in September that has become my favorite "small" edc. I like the model so much I intended to do a little review when business slowed some this month.

IMO, it has the most comfortable handle of any sub 7" knife I've carried. I need one in a stainless model though. Count me in!

I like the look of it, but to me looks like it would need a 3 inch blade in cpm 154, I think 1/16 or 3/32 would make it the perfect paring knife.

I definitely like the idea but would have to be thin, 1/16 or 3/32 to wind up in my chef’s knife roll. As a prospective daily kitchen user for me the more carbon the better so 01 or A2 would be my choice. I’d also like black with red, or red with black. And one of Comprehensivist Comprehensivist Bullseyes! Any color!!!

I agree it looks like a great new model. 3/32" for sure. Good b&t design as well. Lets get 12 people in this. Comprehensivist Comprehensivist should get in on this one.

Still need a few more commitments to present this to Andy. I’ve been told that this is the best edc model in the Fiddleback lineup.

I’m in.

I’ve been looking hard at this pattern since it came out. It would be my 8th Fiddleback and certainly looks like it could be the most comfortable sub 7” or best edc of my bunch. Right now those honors go to the EDK and Esquire.

Bmurray Bmurray , thanks for bringing this up. Minimally, I’m motivated to sell off some unused blades to make room for one of these, group buy or if not, Friday sale.

We have 9 so far. I think we need 12 to make this work for the Forge. BTW, Real Deal Robert @Fiddleback Outpost said this may be the best all around edc in the line up.

I’ll touch base with Andy and Phillip.

This model kind of intrigues me. The handle design looks very open and comfortable. The only feature I don’t care for is the little metal guard extension. One of my little quirks I guess.

I’ll wait to see what the specific options are on the GB before I decide.

Phil

The prices are not discounted. It basically gives you an chance to semi custom order a knife. There are usually a couple steel options,4 or 5 choices in wood or synthetic scales.

It works out pretty well if you are looking for something inside our pre set limits

Ah, ok gotcha.

ok I'm including my buddy Comprehensivist Comprehensivist , so we're at 14. I'll touch base with Phillip on the details and I'm sure he'll let us know our options. If anyone wants to sneak in, just post up before VANCE VANCE locks this thread. Thanks everyone for your continued support of Fiddleback Forge.

Last edited:
Back