Fear the Walking DEad? *possible spoilers* read at own risk

Did you people see it and if so what did you think? I like the characters although the Junkie might get real old real quick.

Quote of the show "Kill shot B!@ch!"

I enjoyed it although it didn't start off as action packed as The walking dead started off. I think it will progress well. But no busse appearance yet :eek:

I got bored with it real quick. I don't need all of the character development stuff in a show about an apocalypse. Most of them will probably die anyways.

I agree with nemesis that it didn't start off as action packed as most would have hoped. However, I attributed that mainly to the fact that it ran for an hour and thirty instead of the standard hour. I feel like they're attempting to get us more emotionally invested with these characters right out of the gate than they did with the original series. I remember saying to my girlfriend the first time we watched The Walking Dead together, "Can you imagine if this took place in a big city like LA rather than rural Georgia?" I'm anxious to see where they go with this. Having been to LA once, I cannot imagine the utter chaos due to the sheer number of people. I'm also anxious to see how they handle the weapons component. If they'll stay faithful to CA's restrictive civilian gun laws and such. I'll definitely keep watching!

I was bored the first hour of it. I liked the characters except for the junkie as well. Unless they clean him up quick he will get old. Not really sure I will like him even after getting clean. From the looks of next weeks preview things will move ahead more quickly.

This isn't going to sound too sensitive, but... I'm gonna come right out and say that I'm ready for 4 of the lead characters to get bitten already (First to go needs to be Mom, she reminds me too much of Andrea and she didn't go fast enough in TWD) the others are the junkie step-son, the lippy son and the ex- wife (but we still don't know enough about those two, so that's why they are number 3 & 4). Dad doesn't have a lick of common sense or situational awareness and although the step-daughter was a total snag early on in the episode, she at least is a realist and I think she might have some potential to become a reliable supporting member of the team.

We'll see what happens next week, but I'm hoping Mom and the junkie go quick!

If the lead characters are supposed to represent the "typical American urban family" then I hope they ALL get bitten and later eradicated!:grumpy:

. Having been to LA once, I cannot imagine the utter chaos due to the sheer number of people. I'm also anxious to see how they handle the weapons component. If they'll stay faithful to CA's restrictive civilian gun laws and such. I'll definitely keep watching!

I lived in LA for almost 30 years, you want to avoid the freeways normally...during Zombie Apocalypse you'll have to find other means. And not the Blue or Red Line!!
Also many people have brought up the restrictive gun laws those are for people who have them legally, I'm sure the average Angelino has a lot more than anyone would care to admit.

One thing I didn't like was that the Step dad went to the church to look for evidence, wouldn't the police? If the kid is saying he saw a murder then they better check it out whether he is high or not.
And even if the son cleans up it may be hard for me to take take him seriously. Los Angeles has a lot of colorful people so I'm sure they can come up with some decent characters

T the step-daughter was a total snag early on in the episode, she at least is a realist and I think she might have some potential to become a reliable supporting member of the team.

We'll see what happens next week, but I'm hoping Mom and the junkie go quick!

The step daughter could be a "carol" in the making...and she knows her family is screwed up! Although moving to Berkeley isn't going to help you escape the uh ...unique persons...

Great episode all around for me. Sure it could have gone several different ways, but I feel we have alot to see in the next 5 episodes. Keeping us faithful TWD fans calm til season 6 kicks off, I can't wait.

***nerd glasses on***

Isn't this suppose to take place 3 or so years ago when the original Georgia gangs started ?

***pushes glasses further up on nose***

Gas was not 2.38 a gallon especially in California!!!
And they did not have i phone 6's then!!!!

Hmmph

:)

Hahaha good eye Mr. Brown!

I thought it was boring, but I'm sure it will pick up. MattinLA, according to the kid at the school the authorities were covering things up, which would make sense, no need to cause a mass panic when they don't even know what's going on. That seems like where it's going to all go to hell, the authorities are going to keep quiet until it's all too late. In such a deeply congested city as LA, people aren't going to be able to get out quickly enough and turn into walker food. With 14 million people, that's a lot of chow.

I thought they would have grabbed Calvin's handgun for sure... I see them teaming up with a gangbanger who's stocked with firearms or maybe even a disaster prepper. I'm interested to see how it all plays out.

Started slow but I'll give it a chance... Was it me or did the junkie kid look like a young Johnny Depp? And why would your eyes turn bright blue when you change?

I like it maybe because I like the original. I can see that this one in an urban setting will be interesting.

Winter... Duh! Should have thought of that. If we don't have a super cool redneck with a Busse TGLB then at least give us a junkie with a Busse Gladius!

Hahaha good eye Mr. Brown!

With 14 million people, that's a lot of chow.

I thought they would have grabbed Calvin's handgun for sure... I see them teaming up with a gangbanger who's stocked with firearms or maybe even a disaster prepper. I'm interested to see how it all plays out.

LOL! it is a lot of chow! Will they use Surachai or Tapatio? Also you're right about the kid at school they will be covering stuff up. I hope we see more of that kid...he might be the most prepared out of the cast so far

TiVoed it. And watched most of it. Like the show it spun from it's a bit of a bore more often than it could be with better this/that. Best part is the obvious way the hospital employees and some police acted showing they are well aware something's up but keeping it from the general public...sounds a little realistic there.

Winter... Duh! Should have thought of that. If we don't have a super cool redneck with a Busse TGLB then at least give us a junkie with a Busse Gladius!

Urban grudge, Shiva Rex or even the AD...for the humans. I lived in LA for a long time, I have a 1311 and a Rodent Rucki, urban gardening...

Back