Fear the Walking DEad? *possible spoilers* read at own risk

They should have released the character development in a YouTube series prior to the show, just sayin'.

Pretty much a snooze fest. I'll give it a couple more episodes but I'm not very hopeful. The junkie kid is definitely the Carl of this series.

I watched it and was a bit disappointed at the "slowness". I know they are "developing" the characters, but a bit too slowly for my tastes. I hope it picks up much faster in the next couple of episodes. I want to see a "prepper" type character emerge to join the group and teach them how to survive. School teacher dad and counselor mom don't seem to have the skills nor the equipment on hand to last in a zombie apocolypse! And I don't think they are going to run across a lot of weapons just lying around in LaLaLand.:rolleyes: BTW, my wife said the same thing as a previous poster - that the restaurant where the junkie kid met his dealer looked like it was the same one that was in Pulp Fiction. I think I've seen it in a couple or other movies/TV shows as well. Must be a "popular" spot to use for the film industry.:D

I think it's going to be interesting to see urbanites, that know little about prepping, realize their uselessness and develop the attitudes and skills to survive .... Or not. No more iPhone, Internet ......OMG.... BOOHOO:eek:

I know it seems slow, but the Junkie ( a main character) killed his best friend and then ran him over a couple times...that's gotta count for something! Also the step Dad could be a Shane type real quick, I don't think he'll put up with the BS much longer

OK, when did that L.A. ditch that is in every movie from Grease to Terminator 2 to the Fast and the Furious lose all of its graffiti ? was that digital effects or did they actually paint it grey ?
And with all the people going down in there you would think they would put a gate up by now :)

:) A Nerd I am.

The battle against graffiti is constant and the city has full time crews out everyday covering it up. People always find there way into LA River and other places. Everytime there is a big rainstorm people get washed away down there and they have to call in SAR and LAFD

I know it seems slow, but the Junkie ( a main character) killed his best friend and then ran him over a couple times...that's gotta count for something! Also the step Dad could be a Shane type real quick, I don't think he'll put up with the BS much longer

Some best friend..... Sad when your best friend is your pusher (who's gonna put a bullet in your BF head ).

Your pusher ain't never your BF..... And you ain't but revenu to him. A liability, in this case. The pusher is as much a BF as a used car salesman needs to be to close a sale. You want return customers, don't ya ;)

BTW: The Depp lookalike actor that plays the junkie, is doing a pretty good job. Trying to figure out if he really saw what he saw, going insane , or just bad tripping....

Last edited:
Neither I nor my wife really like the main characters, and I think they're pretty far from the "Average suburban family".
I gotta say the character development was a forced march at gunpoint, not a well written or acted story to make you want more. I could have done with 75% less of that mess.
We've decided to give it 2 more episodes, before we give up on the show.

^^^ I get you. I'm willing to give it a bit more. They might not be the most common urban or suburban family, but I know plenty of reconstructed families..... Without the junkie (for the most part).

Some best friend..... Sad when your best friend is your pusher (who's gonna put a bullet in your BF head ).

Well to the Junkie his pusher is his BF, and the actor is doing a good job. The junkie is just as annoying on TV as they are in real life.

I watched it and was a bit disappointed at the "slowness". I know they are "developing" the characters, but a bit too slowly for my tastes. I hope it picks up much faster in the next couple of episodes. I want to see a "prepper" type character emerge to join the group and teach them how to survive. School teacher dad and counselor mom don't seem to have the skills nor the equipment on hand to last in a zombie apocolypse! And I don't think they are going to run across a lot of weapons just lying around in LaLaLand.:rolleyes: BTW, my wife said the same thing as a previous poster - that the restaurant where the junkie kid met his dealer looked like it was the same one that was in Pulp Fiction. I think I've seen it in a couple or other movies/TV shows as well. Must be a "popular" spot to use for the film industry.:D

Yes Please!
I vote for Bert and Heather from Tremors. A Val and Earl wouldn't hurt either.
View attachment 572279

And I don't think they are going to run across a lot of weapons just lying around in LaLaLand.:rolleyes:

Some sporting Goods store have them (BIG 5, etc) everyone mom and pop shop has something behind the counter. Remember this is post LA Riots, most people conservative or liberal has home protection. Don't let Nancy Polosi fool you, Californians are prepped for earthquakes and "Civil" unrest

Yes Please!
I vote for Bert and Heather from Tremors. A Val and Earl wouldn't hurt either.
View attachment 572279

I love tremors. Man did the sequels that followed it suck though. II was alright but III/IV were unwatchable. Might be the same way with TWD.

Big fan of TWD but first episode of FTWD has me not wanting more. Hopefully it will change. zombies are beyond corny with purty glowing neon eyes. Takes whatever realism there is out of it. Have no interest in any of these characters either. First time in TWD wouldnt mind seeing everybody involved perish.

Kinda wish AMC would make a series based off the Evil Dead or some cthuluie creatures for fall. Maybe a series with a bunch of teratoid abysmal things like in the movie The Mist.

Tremors is one of my favorite movies. I remember going to the 1.00 movies when it came out. Nothing else on so we would go see it over and over all day. They stopped playing it after a while and I guess they had so many requests they brought it back. I saw it a good 60 times in the theater and at least that many on TV. Tremors 5 comes out Oct 6,hope it is good.

Tremors is one of my favorite movies. I remember going to the 1.00 movies when it came out. Nothing else on so we would go see it over and over all day. They stopped playing it after a while and I guess they had so many requests they brought it back. I saw it a good 60 times in the theater and at least that many on TV. Tremors 5 comes out Oct 6,hope it is good.

Looked that up. Might be good. Bloodlines? Looked like they almost got Bacon and Ward back for 5(thunder from down under) but looks like they backed out or got cancelled. Wish they wouldn't of.

I think the last movie I went to see in theaters was re-re-remake of The Thing. Was pretty intoxicated so don't remember it completely and havent watched since but was descent. Nowhere near as good as John Carpenters version though. I think cinema in general is dying. All good stories have already been told or just adding on (usually unsuccessfully )to that already created.

There's going to be a Tremors 5? What? Did everyone know about it and didn't tell me?

1 and 2 are classics. Burt shines in 2 cause all the artillery. 4 and 5.....ouch. 4 was hard to watch, could never get into ass blasters. 4, well it was a lot better than 3

I just watched the trailer for #5. Has a lot more potential that 3 and 4, I just hope the ass blaster action is kept to a minimum.

hehe....phrasing...

***nerd glasses on***

Isn't this suppose to take place 3 or so years ago when the original Georgia gangs started ?

***pushes glasses further up on nose***

Gas was not 2.38 a gallon especially in California!!!
And they did not have i phone 6's then!!!!

Hmmph

:)

When I saw the sign for gas I said to my wife "when was this filmed, 1970? " ;)

Back