Fear the Walking DEad? *possible spoilers* read at own risk

I was bored with it. I don't know if I am going to follow this series. I'll wait till it's over and hear the consensus. But I'm highly anticipating season 6 of TWD.

There's going to be a Tremors 5? What? Did everyone know about it and didn't tell me?

1 and 2 are classics. Burt shines in 2 cause all the artillery. 4 and 5.....ouch. 4 was hard to watch, could never get into ass blasters. 4, well it was a lot better than 3

I just watched the trailer for #5. Has a lot more potential that 3 and 4, I just hope the ass blaster action is kept to a minimum.

hehe....phrasing...

There was also a short-lived (13 episodes) TV series.

The first episode of "Better Call Saul" was kind of a snoozer too, but I though it really picked up in the second episode. Maybe now that they've introduced the characters, they'll get on with it.

I watched the pilot and just was not feeling it... they should have delivered something like a punch in the face; instead I hardly felt anything for any of the characters. There is a lot to live up to; TWD is a locomotive of a show (most of the time, at least)... the pilot could have been more evenly balanced between character development and "virus" development... the impending apocalypse could have been the star of the show... instead, it didn't register much and no one was really the solid center... Think back to how TWD began--a flash forward of Rick and the little girl zombie... that sent a message. Then characters were developed. The junkie and the shooting gallery simply did not achieve the same thing. For me... YMMV

^^^ True. I thought and would have liked it much more if the first show followed where and how the virus sprang from. In stead we got at least an hour of learning about a junkie kid that I didn't care if he lived or died.

I watched the pilot and just was not feeling it... they should have delivered something like a punch in the face; instead I hardly felt anything for any of the characters. There is a lot to live up to; TWD is a locomotive of a show (most of the time, at least)... the pilot could have been more evenly balanced between character development and "virus" development... the impending apocalypse could have been the star of the show... instead, it didn't register much and no one was really the solid center... Think back to how TWD began--a flash forward of Rick and the little girl zombie... that sent a message. Then characters were developed. The junkie and the shooting gallery simply did not achieve the same thing. For me... YMMV

I agree a out TWD and you made a good comparison to. Looking at the scene from the episode next week it looked like it may pick up.

Thanks--I guess we'll see pretty soon. I do hope it picks up; there are lots of cool possibilities the writers can play with. In any case, what I'm really waiting for is the return of the "Ricktatorship" and the mayhem that will breakout in Alexandria. Bring it on!

Thanks--I guess we'll see pretty soon. I do hope it picks up; there are lots of cool possibilities the writers can play with. In any case, what I'm really waiting for is the return of the "Ricktatorship" and the mayhem that will breakout in Alexandria. Bring it on!

Amen. The tension between Rick and Shane is what made me pull it up on Netflix. This last season has me clearing the calender for 9PM Oct, 11.

The first episode of "Better Call Saul" was kind of a snoozer too, but I though it really picked up in the second episode. Maybe now that they've introduced the characters, they'll get on with it.

I felt the same way about "Better Call Saul"...er Jimmy. He's not even Saul yet. And I cannot wait for Saul and Mike to hook up with Gus and get the whole thing going. I think they were all together for a couple years before Walter White...
and Michael McKeen is really great as Sauls brother

Amen. The tension between Rick and Shane is what made me pull it up on Netflix. This last season has me clearing the calender for 9PM Oct, 11.

Yeah--looks to be a hard-hitting season. I have to wait a whole day to watch--I buy the season through Amazon Prime. No TV in the house... at least there are no commercials.

Kinda wish AMC would make a series based off the Evil Dead or some cthuluie creatures for fall. Maybe a series with a bunch of teratoid abysmal things like in the movie The Mist.

Figured I'd bump this thread, just saw an ad on Starz for Ash vs. The Evil Dead

Thought it was fitting. Can't wait.

Bruce Campbell may be older, but he's still awesome

Figured I'd bump this thread, just saw an ad on Starz for Ash vs. The Evil Dead

Thought it was fitting. Can't wait.

Bruce Campbell may be older, but he's still awesome

Gimme some sugar baby! ;)

I set a reminder to DVR the series. Ash vs. The Evil Dead starts appropriately on 10/31/15 in case any one else is interested. :D

I sure hope tonight's episode of Fear the walking dead is better than last week!

Better tonight. But, currently all it's doing is reminding me how stoopid most of humanity is.

Well, relative to the pilot, I thought it was better. Only pretty crappy, vs totally craptacular

I think it got a lot better. Decay of society, the mob mentality...I think it was accurate, definitely better than the pilot.

Things will get better. We're just used to all zombie head smashing all the time action

I thought it got a little better. With all the riots and all things will go south fast. Still not really digging the characters.

I am most excited to see what knife company got the product placement. You know with the success of TWD they had to be lined up.

I thought it got a little better. With all the riots and all things will go south fast. Still not really digging the characters.

I think u812 hit on the head. It's getting better but it needs some better characters IMO.

Back