Feather DE blades FREE to a good home.

Hello all,

I recently got into double edge shaving, and like most everyone else purchased a variety of different sample packs of DE blades. Among them was a 10 pack of Feathers.

To say I did'nt care for them would be a huge understatement and I will never let one touch my face again, however, I understand that the quality of shave is a combination of blade, razor, and personal skin and hair type.

So I'm not saying these are bad blades, just not for me and my choice of razor. SO... Instead of just throwing them in the trash I would like to pass the 9 remaining blades along to someone who would like to try them, preferably someone like me just getting into the sport who needs to experiment.

This is not some earth shattering giveaway, but if you are interested I will send them to the person who comes closest to guessing the number of New Posts listed at the top of the page of http://www.bladeforums.com/ at approximately 9:00AM central on Saturday the 25th. (whenever I get around to logging on in other words.)

Tiebreaker: In the event of a tie I'll just enter the winners into a random number generator.

The cutoff for guesses will be, say 5:00PM Friday the 24th. Guesses posted after that time will not be eligable.

One entry per participant please, not responsible for injuries, etc... I will be responsible for shipping within CONUS.

Thank you!

Wow, that could be a very large number range, especially looking at your activity level on here.

I'm in, though, I just ran out of feathers.

-Xander

I'm not a new DE user howerver I've only used a very few different blades. Derbys and what ever Walgreens sold 3 years ago. I'd like to try a few more before my supply of Derby run out witch should be by the end of the year. :) yup I saw a deal on a pack of a few hundred and just bought them without even trying one first. I thought with haveing so many I better not try anything else and be stuck with a butt load of blades I didn't want. So I just never tried anything else. I'm going to guess 923 new posts.

I like Feather blades and have used many. And I can tell you that their quality is not 100% consistent. I would urge you to try another one before making any conclusion.

Another tip: if a blade seems bad, stop, rinse your razor and open the razor, flip the blade over, close the razor and resume. This simple tip fixes a "bad" blade about 1/3 of the time and it costs nothing and takes about 15 seconds to execute.

I like Feathers. I will take a shot: 3855

Thanks for thinking of us and offering this giveaway!

however, I understand that the quality of shave is a combination of blade, razor, and personal skin and hair type.

Wet shaving is more about technique than anything else, although people do prefer different razors, different blades, etc. I know that some people strongly support trying out different combinations of blade/razor/soap/brush/bowl for new wet shavers, and they are entitled to that opinion. I maintain that the key to getting rewarding, smooth, irritation-free shaves in the long run is to master technique first. That is best achieved, in my opinion, by sticking to one of each for at least the first month of wet shaving and focusing on technique in the three main areas: beard prep, lather building, and shaving technique.

As for personal skin and hair type, I can tell you that 99% of wet shavers believe they have excessively coarse hairs and excessively sensitive skin. I've thought about it a lot and read a lot about it here and on the dedicated wet-shaving forums, and I really do think it's a psychological thing more than anything. But that said, I do believe that men with very curly and thin beard hairs (especially African-American men) do have real skin/hair issues that lead to ingrown hairs (and bumps) that need to be taken care of. Hope this helps.

And I'll gladly take those Feathers if you're offering! :D 3933

Last edited:
I think you have a point. Though I never thought I had a coarse beard or sensitive skin. I'm just a normal guy. I have an Aunt that looks like your donut dog. ;) DM

On badgerandblade they often advise you to do a more thorough preshave routine and spend more time with the brush on your face to prepare your skin and hair for the shave. I've used nothing but Feather blades for the past 4 years and I haven't gotten a bad one yet out of the 200 pack I bought.

Ok guys, as pointed out I have a very low activity level on here but I didn't want to log on again until this morning in order to get an accurate new post count... And the number at 8:45 (I know I'm a little early) is 10813.

Which would make DDML the winnah! PM me your address please.

I guess I should have specified that I would not be logging on again until today, sorry for that.

Thanks for the suggestions on stropping, technique and flipping the blade. I never meant that the Feathers are aweful but I have found a couple blades that do a wonderful job for me and I'll probably never use them again, shame to throw them away...

Again, thanks everyone and DDML get me your info.

Wait a minute Tom, you had originally stated the parameters of the contest in your first post that the cut off for guesses would be 5PM on Friday the 24th. Guesses after that would not be valid. It is certain that ddml entered his guess after closing time, making his invalid. DM

Wait a minute Tom, you had originally stated the parameters of the contest in your first post that the cut off for guesses would be 5PM on Friday the 24th. Guesses after that would not be valid. It is certain that ddml entered his guess after closing time, making his invalid. DM

Wow, do I feel like an idiot... I am so scatterbrained right now, I thought I replied to this yesterday and apparently turned off the computer without posting, yeesh.

Thank you David, for catching that error or my part. Magnaminous_G if you will PM me your address I will get you your blades in the mail. Again my apologies for the mixup, what with school, work and home I don't know if I'm coming or going.

Oh, and db... After trying several different brands and types of blade, I am now using Timor stainless and I am loving the shave I get using a Edwin Jagger DE89BA. Very smooth, no nicks or cuts. My hair is coarse and grows about 10 different directions on my face.

Tom, No problem. They were your blades your free to send them to who ever you want. We all live busy lives. DM

Back