February BOTM

And then it was gone... sold out

Thanks Fixall for the info on the wood. I will enjoy the coming pictures.

How ironic. My monthly knife club meeting was tonight. The BOTM email came after I left this evening and they were all sold out when I arrived back home. Oh poo.

I decided to get one. My first BOTM. The free 110 LT clinched the deal for me.

Saw the email notice too late. Missed it. Its the first BOM I actually went to buy :(
Now I'm considering a custom 501. Just trying to decide if Elk is worth the extra cost :D

I bet if you were to give Buck a call, they might be able to help you out by adding it to the order.

Sent an email to customer service after closing hours last night. Received an email today at 7:53 AM - "Taken care of" - short, sweet, and to the point - Now THAT is Customer Service ! You have to love the people at Buck !

Also, thank you for the suggestion.

If I were doing that I would call the order in and tell the CS rep what I like for elk cover...thin, fat, gnarley, dark light. I believe that they try hard to please all customers. JMHO
To any of you that have ordered Bucks with elk, be they 301's, 501's or whatever does there seem to be a lot of variance? I see a lot of variance with stag, but most of the Bucks I've seen with elk seem more consistent.
TIA

most of the Bucks I've seen with elk seem more consistent.
When Buck did the BF 2018 301, there was variation, however, Buck tried to match what was one one side with similar elk for the other. With over four hundred pieces there were some variation as to coloring and texture and some that a close match didn't happen. To Buck's credit, those owners who sent theirs in Buck tried to take care of it...you know you can please some of the people...etc. That's why I suggested a call to a CS rep, they are receptive and yes, I think elk is worth it.
Here are my BF 301s...
DSC_0172.JPG

DSC_0173.JPG

To any of you that have ordered Bucks with elk, be they 301's, 501's or whatever does there seem to be a lot of variance? I see a lot of variance with stag, but most of the Bucks I've seen with elk seem more consistent.
TIA
When I ordered this 503 from the Custom Shop I did what pjsjr pjsjr suggested but I used the live chat feature instead of the telephone. I requested "lightly colored Elk" and this is what Buck built for me. If I'm being honest, I had hoped for a slightly lighter color but I think Buck did great considering I didn't provide any photographic examples of what I wanted.
IMG_5140.JPG IMG_5141.JPGIMG_5142.JPG

Since I'm a Buck of the Month NOOB, how long generally until they ship after they're announced?

I'm not generally very fond of stag covers, but the Buck Elk covers that I'm seeing sure look sharp.

I think they have them ready to go when they put them on the web site. When I've bought a BOTM it's just a couple of days from Idaho to Colorado.

I think they have them ready to go when they put them on the web site. When I've bought a BOTM it's just a couple of days from Idaho to Colorado.

Cool thanks. Thought I saw on Facebook that someone just got their January knife. I'm visiting my folks in a couple weeks and will likely give the 110 LT to my dad so was hoping it would arrive by then. He was complaining this past deer season about his 60 year old knife so I figured he might like a new, lighter one.

Thanks guys for the pics of Elk. I had considered a custom on and off for a while. Missing the BOM 55 and the free 110LT pushed me over the edge :rolleyes:

I did a lot of searches, looking at different Buck custom handle material. I had decided to go with the Sunset Jigbone after seeing Buckshack's pics of his. I like good jigged bone handles and the orange looks great and its $32 cheaper than elk :thumbsup:

Then I saw pics of buckeye burl . So that's what happened. A custom 501, s30v, buckeye burl is on order. With a free 110LT :D

I'm going out of town and off the grid for a couple of weeks, so the wait won't seem too long;)

When I get it, I'll post it up in the custom 501 thread to avoid further hijack of this one.
Thanks again :thumbsup:

I got my shipping notification at 1:35 am this morning! USPS says it should be here by Monday - crossing my fingers for Saturday....

Back