Photos Feedback on knife designs

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Hi,
I've designed a few knives and wanted feedback on them.
The top one is currently under prototype and is a modified tanto? spanto? not even sure what the blade style is.
The middle is an aggressive traditional tanto and
The last one is a sheepsfoot. Tell me what you guys think.

P.S. Admins- I emailed and was told i can get feedback on designs without an advertising membership.

Edit: Think i messed up the photos so i'll try again

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public
dateposted-public
dateposted-public

Can’t see your photos, but I will vote for sheepsfoot and drop point. I don’t like tantos.

I’d like to see your knives, but it would not change my vote.

Here you go:
dSsekmy.jpg

tFxTVm0.jpg

I assume these are:
- Modified Tanto
- Traditional Tanto
- Sheepsfoot
And missing the Droppoint?

Can we see a real knife you have made?

It would give me, at least, a better idea of what these computer renderings would correspond to in reality.

In general I prefer a drop point, but it the blade geometry isn't right for cutting things, the shape really doesn't matter.

And those shallow finger choils, even with the ridged thumb grip, are terrifying.

I do like a Tanto but that modified, not so much..... looks like someone reshaped a broken blade just enough to get it working.

Of the 3 pictured I like the bottom best.

I haven't seen the drop point yet but I do like what we're calling a sheepsfoot here. Really, it's somewhere between a "sheepsfoot" and a "reverse tanto". Ideally, I'd like to see the back point of the reverse tanto rounded off. If not, maybe flatten the rest of the spine a little. I prefer the first idea but I think either change could make the knife more visually appealing.

Also, do you need the swedge along the spine? You've already eliminated it under the jimping for that model. What does it actually accomplish for this blade shape?

I love the bottom one of the three above. Not sure if that's what you are calling the sheepsfoot, or drop point. It's similar to my current most carried knife, the zt0456. I usually call it a modified wharncliff. Like a stout tip, with a lightly curved belly.

To sort of latch on Marcinek's point, I think it would help a lot if you at least add measurements to it, if you want more feedback than just what blade shape people prefer.

Protos of the modified Tanto went out to the youtube reviewer pass around group. It's called Wendigo by Damned Designs. You can watch some of the reviews that are live. Some pics here:
enp9LJo

Can we see a real knife you have made?

It would give me, at least, a better idea of what these computer renderings would correspond to in reality.

In general I prefer a drop point, but it the blade geometry isn't right for cutting things, the shape really doesn't matter.

And those shallow finger choils, even with the ridged thumb grip, are terrifying.

The sheepsfoot is being prototyped as a Ti frame lock with M390, Mircata Liner lock with S35VN and a 1095 fixed with G10. Protos should be ready in under 2 weeks!

Here's some renders of the fixed blade along with dimensions and renders of the 4 blade styles:
6LFnCPM

Last edited:
Back