Ferox Custom Order Thread!

Order your Ferox your here!

I have 4 Ferox with pre glue-up grinds, and almost ready for handles!

Clips have yet to be ground. I will sometimes grind these after handles are on it. Depends on my mood. They will all pretty much look the same though as far as the grinds.

All of my offerings are completed in small batches 100% by me Chris Linton
I hope you enjoy and good luck!

I would like to remind all of you that I offer a 10% discount for all Veterans, Law Enforcement and First Responders.
(Please add in you payment notes when adding veteran discount honor system applies)

Please read everything carefuly prior to making your selection

Disclaimer-

• This is an experiment to see if this works out well for you guy's the customer and for me the maker! If all goes well I will open up another custom order list later in the year.

• I reserve the right to refuse to do business with anyone I choose for any reason I choose.

• I will do my best to make the knife you desire, however if it does not fit my brand image or I just do not like the material I will not make it! I feel this is the best policy to adopt for the buyer and the maker. I do not want to make something for someone I did not enjoy making or I thought was unappealing to the eye. (Just being upfront and honest)

• A 25% Non-refundable deposit is required to place a custom order. Paid immediately once I confirm your order via PM, Payments will be made to Ospreyknifeandtool@gmail.com (The deposit will be refunded however if something happens and I am unable to deliver the knife)

• Once you have claimed a spot please PM me with your full name and email address so I can send a Paypal invoice. Also please include the description of your choices and I will calculate the cost for your total and the amount for your deposit. (If you have a question or are unsure of your selection due to material availability please PM me and we can work it out there instead of munging up the thread)

• Once the knife is complete and ready to ship the same total of the remaining balance will be due within 48hrs of delivery of the invoice prior to shipment.

• Orders will be completed tentatively within 4-6 weeks depending on handle material avalibility

• All Ferox will be 1/4" (.220) Tapered Tang CPM154

• A sheath will not be provided at this time.

Guidelines-

• For this Custom order list I am only taking orders on 4 knives. Limit 1 per person!

• First come first serve! Please claim a spot like in a normal sales thread

• No proxies allowed, the person who claims a knife is the person who will pay. What you do with it after you recieve it is your business.

• Do not edit your post!

• Please state your option clearly! I.E.- Handle Material, Liner choice, Pinstock and Lanyard tube material

General Information-

• Ferox - OAL 11 1/8'' , Blade 6 3/8 '' - Base Price $425.00 +$75 for 1/4'' CPM154 Base price toal $500
*Tapered tang Included in base price, I will not make these without a tapered tang

Some Examples of configurations and prices:
(You are not limited by these options this is to just provide some examples of what to expect price wise for comperable material)
  • With Natural or Black Canvas Micarta (Bead Blasted) $510
  • With OD Green Canvas Micarta (Bead Blasted) $525
  • With Premium G10 (Bead Blasted) $530
  • With premium stabilized domestic burl $570-590
  • With Natural bolster and Premium Domestic burl $600-620
  • With Presentation Grade Koa $620
  • With CF Bolster and Presentation Grade Koa $695

• Lanyard Tube options- Natural Micarta, Black Carbon Fiber, Antique Natural Micarta

Good luck everyone, and I hope this works out to where I can continue to do this.....

If you have any questions about the order thread please PM me or post your question in the sales Mung thread please!

Hosted on Fotki

Last edited:
Bump! I would like to remind anyone that is considering, I will be available to answer questions, I just need a commitment to buy you can take a few days to decide on handle combination or materials. I have alot on hand and if I do not have it I can get most stuff relatively quickly just ask! On the mung thread please;)

I still have 3 spots remaining, if there is no more interest in a few days I will lock the thread and make to order what I have. WHat ever is left over will have my choice of handle and will be listed for sale on my website.

Hey Chris, I would love to get in on this. Please put me down for a spot, although I would like to take at least a day, but no more than the weekend, to think about what I would like for materials, if that is ok.

Hey Chris, I would love to get in on this. Please put me down for a spot, although I would like to take at least a day, but no more than the weekend, to think about what I would like for materials, if that is ok.

That is not a problem at all, Please take your time! I will await your decision and hold you a spot! Thank you very much!

Awesome, thank you! This will be my first Osprey, and what a way to break in!. I'd been looking for this exact model on all the usual knife sites. This is much much better though... So many potential combinations... :eek:

Congratulations! I thought this might have been your first! And you sure did pick a nice one to start off with, I have not made one of these in awhile. I am bringing them back into production more now! I believe there is probably only half a dozen in existence. Definitely one of the rarest of the OKT models. :cool:

Please let me know if I can help you decide or anything, sometimes a little dialogue helps the decision process. I am here to make this as easy and headache free as possible. You are also not limited to the examples above. Those are just meant to give a good illustration of what a comparable choice of materials will run. :D

I will be closing my books on these tomorrow at 8pm EST. I will likely not take orders again for these until well into next year.
What ever has not been claimed for a custom order will be completed with a handle of my choice and offered up for sale either here or on my website.
Thank you to everyone who has participated so far or considered.

I have updated the Custom work in progress thread, as of right now all of the Ferox are rough shaped, I plan to have them finished up the week after next and ready to ship out by the end of the month.

I will post completed pictures here.

I don’t have the faintest idea how to knife fight, but these are so savage-looking that they must function as a great deterent!

Thank you!

A deterent is part of it!
If you can strike fear in your adversary and make them doubt or hesitate for just one second you can gain an edge, pun intended.

There are also very practicle considerations that went into the design. It is a pretty instinctual design from the users view.
I did however keep my experince in CQC (Close Quarters Combat) as the main purpose behind the philosophy of the design.

I plan on using this to fight mountain lions and shit. I go collecting Bonsai trees in the mountains in some of the most remote places in Utah and my Ferox and lil ferox will be my bushcraft tactical tools.Some might say this is foolish but I dont give a shit.I am so pumped to get them! Oh yeah the Vildmark will be there to.

I plan on using this to fight mountain lions and shit. I go collecting Bonsai trees in the mountains in some of the most remote places in Utah and my Ferox and lil ferox will be my bushcraft tactical tools.Some might say this is foolish but I dont give a shit.I am so pumped to get them! Oh yeah the Vildmark will be there to.

:eek::D
That makes perfect sense to me!
And the two Ferox will do nicely! If I was in your shoes you better believe thats what I would be packing. :cool:

I kinda want to tag along! Sounds exciting :p:D

Back