• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Few problems on my end. lets get them resolved

Please tell us who are in the middle of this mess where this thread is being moved to.Just in case one of us hear from him we can let the others know,,,,thx
Tox

Mark

This is the second time this has happened here on BF, (though there still may be hope this is only temporary this time.) It seems a fair caution to others that there are problems lurking even among the family we come to trust here. Since the problem developed on BF, it seems reasonable to let it resolve - or just be recorded, here.

My 2 cents

Rob!

Tony seems like a good guy but he may be having some problems.

I got an email from a guy in his area that said Tonys computer crashed and he lost all his email contacts :( Hopfully he will take care of all this soon.

Toxey said:
Please tell us who are in the middle of this mess where this thread is being moved to.

If you look up at the top of the page you'll see you're now in The Good, The Bad, The Ugly! Make yourself at home.... :cool:

The thread is still accessible from its original forum, too.

sunfishman said:
I got an email from a guy in his area that said Tonys computer crashed and he lost all his email contacts

All of what you described happened in late November or early December. He has since contacted many of us via a hotmail address in late December.

This was the last contact any of us have had from him.

I still want the steel, but I've given up any hope of seeing it from him. From peoples' past experiences with him it seemed like he was a pretty 'straight up guy', but if someone walks away with the kind of money he's gotten from those of us kind enough to PAY IN ADVANCE, they owe it to their customers to maintain contact -- whether it's driving an hour to the nearest library with internet access or the local coffee bistro in downtown Tallahassee, or calling a friend that's also a member here and asking them to pass on an explanation.

I agree,,,hearing SOMETHING would be better than this.
Even if he called or emailed and told me,"sorry man,I am dirt broke and cant
honor our agreement".
That would be better than knowing nothing!!!.

I did some welding for Tony a while before Christmas.I'm about forty miles from him and havent had a chance to get back to see him.After being made aware of this thread Ive tried to call him myself and have not had a reply.This doesnt seem like Tony but I can see the agitation rising and cant blame any of you .I'll do my best to get in contact with him for you guys.

Thanks Glenn,

I've called and tried to leave a message but his voicemail is full , tried to page him also. Tell him if he's just to broke to ship the packages, I'll front him the money.

Glenn and Mark, that's above any beyond anyone's expectations, and is certainly proof-positive to what kind of men you are.

I'M willing to pay extra if he can't afford it, but I need to hear from him, or at least a message passed on from him!

I finally got through to Tony today.He sounded very rough and said he had been in the hospital.Also said he is supposed to get a new puter this Friday. I offered to post a message for him this evening .He said he will get things straight as soon as he possibly can after getting back online and get adresses.
Mark, MrPurple, I dont mind helping anyone I can.The world would be a much better place if everyone would take a minute and lend a hand.No matter how small it is.:cool:

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your effort in getting in touch with him, GlennM... it's like I said - I want the steel, not the money!
I hope to God Tony's all right... but I must admit, I'm thrilled to know he hadn't just run off. That being said, I'm sorry to hear it's because he's been down -- I would almost rather know someone just took me for the loot than to find out they're hurt really bad.
If the story's for real, Tony, take your time. So long as I know you're looking to make things right, I'll wait for ya!

I sent a money order for a box of 52100 steel right around Thanksgiving, and I haven't heard a word from him since. I hope that everything is OK with him, and I can certainly understand any health or financial difficulties that might be the cause of this delay. I would most assuredly still like to get the steel that I paid for, and, while I'm not in a desperate hurry for it, I would like to get it fairly soon. Glen and Mark, my hat is off to you gentlemen for going very far above anyone's expectations in trying to resolve this matter.

Todd

He should have his new computer by now, so I would expect that he could come here and explain everything himself.

Keith Montgomery said:
He should have his new computer by now, so I would expect that he could come here and explain everything himself.

Hi Keith,

I agree, I'm just hoping that this all turns out ok, and that Tony's not in serious dire straights with some health problems...

I only know Tony from the forums and having met him once in person at Blade last year. He was the person supplying me with wrought iron for my business. I'll have to say that everything I know about him leads me to believe that he is a stand up guy and this will all get straightened out. I have absolutely nothing to justify that statement with, just an impression. I mean, in addition to being a full time blacksmith, the guy's a youth minister! If you can't trust someone like that, who can you trust? ...so, unless I've totally read him wrong, I really think everything will work out and he must be seriously sick and that's why we haven't heard from him...

If anyone else has any information, please post it here... and if Tony's in the hospital, please post the address/info so we can send a card!

-Darren

It would be nice to know if he is doing okay. I also think that he will get this all straightened out as soon as he can.

Tony: I bounced you an email, if you didn't get it, let me know
Aaron
aaronm (at) thinmail dot net

...I was wondering the very same thing this morning.

I've not heard from him, and since noone has posted anything about him being in the hospital from my last post, I'm starting to get concerned!

-Darren

I have not heard a peep since I last spoke to him.I am heading down his way this weekend for a meeting of smiths at a nearby shop.Hopefully he will be there or perhaps I can swing by his shop and check on him.Are emails to him actually bouncing? I have yet to have one bounce but have had no replies either so who knows.

Back