Few Umnumzaans?

I don't know if this is necessarily the right forum, or if it even deserves it's own thread, but I've been keeping an eye on the CRK For Sale section, and there's a worrying lack of Umnumzaans for sale.

Is this because they are less popular than the Sebs, so there's fewer of them in circulation, or is it because they are "better" knives, so that the people who DO own one won't sell them?

You’ve covered all of the reasons for your observed phenomena. But like anything else, exceptions arise.

I also collect Busse knives. And recently purchased one of my grails. A model that rarely comes up for sale. Then two weeks later, a second one shows up on the Exchange. Strange. And unpredictable outside the world of random chance.

I think 'zaans are made in smaller numbers and the people who buy them tend to hold onto them.

Just my observations....don't quote me

Is this because they are less popular than the Sebs, so there's fewer of them in circulation
Sebenzas are CRK's bread and butter and there's also many variants. Small, large, plain, different inlays, etc. That leads some people to collect them (more like hoard) and to more on the used market. How many people buy multiple Umnumzaans? Sebenza and Umnumzaan materials are exactly the same and one isn't better than the other.

Sebenzas are CRK's bread and butter and there's also many variants. Small, large, plain, different inlays, etc. That leads some people to collect them (more like hoard) and to more on the used market. How many people buy multiple Umnumzaans? Sebenza and Umnumzaan materials are exactly the same and one isn't better than the other.

Here’s a thread to find out.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/umnumzaan-pics.1522075/

I think a fair amount go up for sale just alot less startacs

Back