Fiddleback ANYDAY Pocket Dump....Updated title

It's not ultra nice to anyone but me. We finally signed the papers on our new store front and will begin renovations today (it's Saturday morning here lol). It's not a big shop, only 82 square meters, or 882 sq ft, but it's a huge step for the business. Once our next shipment arrives we will officially be the largest knife shop in Philippines handling over 600 brands and carrying an on hand inventory of over 2,500 models.

13613409_1903688736525001_166856472637229692_o_zpss7bwn1gm.jpg

Last edited:
It's not ultra nice to anyone but me. We finally signed the papers on our new store front and will begin renovations today (it's Saturday morning here lol). It's not a big shop, only 82 square meters, or 882 sq ft, but it's a huge step for the business. Once our next shipment arrives we will officially be the largest knife shop in Philippines handling over 600 brands and carrying an on hand inventory of over 2,500 models.

Congrats!!!! That's pretty awesome.

ncrockclimb that GB is sweet. I'm really wanting a GB2. Was looking at them earlier tonight.

Congrats!!!! That's pretty awesome.

ncrockclimb that GB is sweet. I'm really wanting a GB2. Was looking at them earlier tonight.

Others may have a different opinion, but I suggest getting the GB1. I was REALLY excited to get a GB2. Then, I played with one at Blade. It is not the same as the GB1. It is not a bad knife, but IMHO the GB1 is just a lot better. I like mine so much that I purchased a second GB1. It is sitting in a box in my knife cabinet. When my current GB1 wears out (maybe in 30 years, if ever) I will have a backup ready to go.

Others may have a different opinion, but I suggest getting the GB1. I was REALLY excited to get a GB2. Then, I played with one at Blade. It is not the same as the GB1. It is not a bad knife, but IMHO the GB1 is just a lot better. I like mine so much that I purchased a second GB1. It is sitting in a box in my knife cabinet. When my current GB1 wears out (maybe in 30 years, if ever) I will have a backup ready to go.

I've wondered about that. I like that the choil on the GB1 is closer to the blade. Lets you choke up more. With the choil gone on the GB2 you're further back.

I've wondered about that. I like that the choil on the GB1 is closer to the blade. Lets you choke up more. With the choil gone on the GB2 you're further back.

You are right; the ergos are totally different. The GB2 is also a much more flimsy knife. It is not delicate by any stretch, but it is not a tank like the GB1. This is especially evident in the difference in the thickness of the liner locks. GB1 = heavy duty. GB2 = functional but lightweight.

You are right; the ergos are totally different. The GB2 is also a much more flimsy knife. It is not delicate by any stretch, but it is not a tank like the GB1. This is especially evident in the difference in the thickness of the liner locks. GB1 = heavy duty. GB2 = functional but lightweight.

I think I'll head out to Spyderco tomorrow and tryout the GB2 and see what I think. I wonder if they have any GB1 hidden away still.

I'll second the ti2design recommendation. If click-style is of interest, DDR makes a nice copper one. Mine has a punisher skull ghosted into the wash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know what you think. I got my GB1 at Knifecenter. I think they still nave them in stock.

I'll second the ti2design recommendation. If click-style is of interest, DDR makes a nice copper one. Mine has a punisher skull ghosted into the wash

thanks 3-1-1. i will check them out.
Will be hanging out with this today.

08e57eae5b56e37dbca08c1997a0d36f.jpg

Nice
i believe you should be able to handle about anything w/ that combo.

Anyone know of a have a recommendation of a copper pen besides Hinderer?

IMG_20160708_173757_zps2zxpblop.jpg

Kara's Kustoms makes several brass and copper pens. They are hand machined in AZ. Very nice quality. I have a "Bolt", "Render K" and "INK" from them, all excellent. They have anodized aluminium in multiple colors as well as raw too. Good guys.

Www.karaskustoms.com

Last edited:
Here is my rig for today. I will also say that I'm a big fan of Karas Kustoms. I have an Ink and the one in these pictures is a copper Bolt I bought to pair with my eiger.

It is a cheap RUSSIAN Vostok Auto Amphibian that I got off ebay for $70 is. I put a new band on it. The Vostok watches have a reputation for being pretty indestructible, and usually accurate. Mine keeps great time and has been perfectly reliable so far. I have other watches that are "better" but I hesitate to wear them because I don't want to destroy them at work. I beat up my Vostok without any concern, and it just keeps on ticking!

Back