Fiddleback ANYDAY Pocket Dump....Updated title

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, Jul 1, 2016.

1. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015
    Hmmm, I think this thread is going to be hard on my wallet

3. Imrahil

Imrahil

Jun 18, 2013
    It's not ultra nice to anyone but me. We finally signed the papers on our new store front and will begin renovations today (it's Saturday morning here lol). It's not a big shop, only 82 square meters, or 882 sq ft, but it's a huge step for the business. Once our next shipment arrives we will officially be the largest knife shop in Philippines handling over 600 brands and carrying an on hand inventory of over 2,500 models.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  4. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Congrats!

5. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    [​IMG][/IMG]

6. thurin

thurin Wanderer

Dec 19, 2012
    Congrats!!!! That's pretty awesome.

ncrockclimb that GB is sweet. I'm really wanting a GB2. Was looking at them earlier tonight.

7. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    Others may have a different opinion, but I suggest getting the GB1. I was REALLY excited to get a GB2. Then, I played with one at Blade. It is not the same as the GB1. It is not a bad knife, but IMHO the GB1 is just a lot better. I like mine so much that I purchased a second GB1. It is sitting in a box in my knife cabinet. When my current GB1 wears out (maybe in 30 years, if ever) I will have a backup ready to go.

8. thurin

thurin Wanderer

Dec 19, 2012
    I've wondered about that. I like that the choil on the GB1 is closer to the blade. Lets you choke up more. With the choil gone on the GB2 you're further back.

9. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    You are right; the ergos are totally different. The GB2 is also a much more flimsy knife. It is not delicate by any stretch, but it is not a tank like the GB1. This is especially evident in the difference in the thickness of the liner locks. GB1 = heavy duty. GB2 = functional but lightweight.

10. thurin

thurin Wanderer

Dec 19, 2012
    I think I'll head out to Spyderco tomorrow and tryout the GB2 and see what I think. I wonder if they have any GB1 hidden away still.

11. 3-1-1

3-1-1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2012
    I'll second the ti2design recommendation. If click-style is of interest, DDR makes a nice copper one. Mine has a punisher skull ghosted into the wash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    Let me know what you think. I got my GB1 at Knifecenter. I think they still nave them in stock.

13. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Will be hanging out with this today.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    thanks 3-1-1. i will check them out.
    Nice
    i believe you should be able to handle about anything w/ that combo.

15. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Unless it gets dark. I haven't decided on a light yet.

16. Justarandomguy

Justarandomguy

Oct 1, 2015

Kara's Kustoms makes several brass and copper pens. They are hand machined in AZ. Very nice quality. I have a "Bolt", "Render K" and "INK" from them, all excellent. They have anodized aluminium in multiple colors as well as raw too. Good guys.

Www.karaskustoms.com

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  17. FrostyPA

FrostyPA

May 24, 2006
    Here is my rig for today. I will also say that I'm a big fan of Karas Kustoms. I have an Ink and the one in these pictures is a copper Bolt I bought to pair with my eiger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. xxkcxx

xxkcxx

Nov 12, 2013
    Mathew martin pens are supreme

19. PolRoger

PolRoger Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2007
    That is an interesting looking watch you posted in your pocket dump... Can you tell me something about it?

20. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    It is a cheap RUSSIAN Vostok Auto Amphibian that I got off ebay for $70 is. I put a new band on it. The Vostok watches have a reputation for being pretty indestructible, and usually accurate. Mine keeps great time and has been perfectly reliable so far. I have other watches that are "better" but I hesitate to wear them because I don't want to destroy them at work. I beat up my Vostok without any concern, and it just keeps on ticking!