Fiddleback Bushboot Showcase

Show off your Bushboots!

Antique White Micarta w/ Black and Orange Pinstripe / 01 Steel / SFT Tang
16836054064_092d89bb35_b.jpg

16891081604_27757f68d6_b.jpg

Last edited:
Really dig that handle set. Nice Bushboot.

Thanks for the compliment, Uncle_P! I need to take a better picture and try to do it justice.

I guess I'll have to get one to contribute

It's my first FB and it's just the perfect size at 7.5". I really like the feel of the bushboot in hand and of course it's a work of art. I will try my hand at making a sheath for it soon.

Looking forward to seeing yours, Vance!:D

One of my favorite modelsThe first one, the one that started me on them, was a Bloodwood one.

BB2.jpg

Then one in Blackwood

BB4.jpg

Then one in natural canvas

BB8.jpg

Then I finally found Lisa's blue one

DSC_5162%20-%20smaller.jpg

Then I snagged this one Friday :) Really looking forward to it!

IMG_0921.jpg

Some beautiful specimens, mistwalker!! It's hard to pick a favorite out of that group;) Since the bushboot is a favorite of yours, and i have had the pleasure of reading many of your posts and garnering your insight while lurking here, can you speak a little bit as to why it's a favorite of yours? I'm just curious and maybe some others are as well.

Some beautiful specimens, mistwalker!! It's hard to pick a favorite out of that group;) Since the bushboot is a favorite of yours, and i have had the pleasure of reading many of your posts and garnering your insight while lurking here, can you speak a little bit as to why it's a favorite of yours? I'm just curious and maybe some others are as well.

It's just a very handy little knife. Great size for edc, looks classy for urban environments rather than looking tactical, but still has great intent and works well in some of my favorite grips. The new one will look even classier than the others when I break it out at a restaurant :)

It's just a very handy little knife. Great size for edc, looks classy for urban environments rather than looking tactical, but still has great intent and works well in some of my favorite grips. The new one will look even classier than the others when I break it out at a restaurant :)

Thanks for your thoughts, mistwalker:D I had many of the same thoughts and thus the reason I purchased it for my first FB:D

The new one is very classy and I look forward to more pictures of it!

Another shot in better light. It seemed to draw some attention too:D

16872489244_8ca7c15f95_b.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! Yeah, the Bushboots always catch my eye. Doesn't matter what the handle material is I always think about getting it lol. I couldn't believe I was fortunate enough to snag the curly cue Friday. I have been wanting one for a long time!

Here's one of mine:

IMG_2899-L.jpg

For me, the Bushboot has a different geometry than many other knives. To me, the blade seems lower than the handle where on many other knives the blade seems higher than the handle. If that makes any sense.

Pulling some pics from my older sneak peek threads.

12302014_13.jpg

nov25_22.jpg

bushboot.jpg

Another former BB of mine .. think Nutramac has this one now.

Bushboot_maple_3.jpg

Bushboot_maple_4.jpg

Bushboot_maple_2.jpg

Very nice! Yeah, the Bushboots always catch my eye. Doesn't matter what the handle material is I always think about getting it lol. I couldn't believe I was fortunate enough to snag the curly cue Friday. I have been wanting one for a long time!

Thanks and I look forward to some of your shots of the curly cue when you get a chance:D

For me, the Bushboot has a different geometry than many other knives. To me, the blade seems lower than the handle where on many other knives the blade seems higher than the handle. If that makes any sense.

Just a beauty, swonut!! And I understand and agree about the geometry.

Pulling some pics from my older sneak peek threads.
Thanks so much for pulling up all those works of art, bonafide!! Myself and i am sure others appreciate your effort!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Evening fields of amber grain
16891873044_f35a5cdfc6_b.jpg

Here's my first Fiddleback. I remember back when I first heard about Andy Roy and Fiddleback Forge knives and I thought to myself, "This guy is making knives that speak to me and anyone who uses lime green liners is okay in my book." So I determined to get anything from Fiddelback Forge with a lime green liner. Then I read about Fiddleback Fridays and I was very excited to jump in feet first and see what I could come up with. Now that many FF Fridays have come and gone, I'm still amazed that I was able to get this beauty on my first try! I had Rick Lowe make a sheath for it and the rest is now history.

Here's my first Fiddleback. I remember back when I first heard about Andy Roy and Fiddleback Forge knives and I thought to myself, "This guy is making knives that speak to me and anyone who uses lime green liners is okay in my book." So I determined to get anything from Fiddelback Forge with a lime green liner. Then I read about Fiddleback Fridays and I was very excited to jump in feet first and see what I could come up with. Now that many FF Fridays have come and gone, I'm still amazed that I was able to get this beauty on my first try! I had Rick Lowe make a sheath for it and the rest is now history.

Thanks for sharing your story and that beautuful BushBoot, hiredgun!!! The sheath is just gorgeous as well!!

Nice knives everyone. The bushboot is a favorite! Yes Bud you are correct that beauty is mine and a great user!

will have to upload some pictures soon. family and school have been keeping me busy:)

Looking forward to your pictures, NUTRAMAC:D

Sorry for the terrible pictures.
Black ash burl Bushboot.
First and sentimentally still my favorite fiddleback.
It has an orange friend.

Last edited:
Back