Fiddleback Chubby

emoney2277

Gold Member
As we all know Christmas is a beautiful gathering to worship and celebrate friends and family but also a perfect opportunity to unsheath our precious side kicks and pass them to our “non knife people” relatives to open those pesky presents and boxes. This year I was ecstatic to take along my new Runt. After my wife noticed the new knife (she is still familiar with the Fiddlebacks from addictions of the past; and now present) she made a reference to my sister who cordially inquired about the blade. I simply explained to her that it was a Fiddleback Forge Runt. She said it was cute. About 10 minutes later, a Chinese packaged Peppa Pig toy presented itself with an impenetrable layer of plastic and thin rubber bands holding the gang of swine and their tree house in place. My sister casually asked to see my Chubby! An innocent reference to the Runt she had handled a few short minutes before. It became an instant joke and catch phrase for the rest of the night. So, long story short, the Fiddleback Chubby is a fantastically handy model perfectly adept to opening packages of all sorts! Merry Christmas everyone!

Great story! The Runt was used extensively at my Christmas as well, but the comments I received was how dull it is....you wouldn’t believe how many boxes I’ve broken down with it. The latest challenge were these two huge boxes that our garden shed came in. The runt cut them down into small pieces so they’d fit into the recycling bin. What a great tool!

(BTW, the runt was sharpened yesterday - good as new)

3AB5B705-DFCE-4316-807A-6E9D7FC85934.jpeg

Back