• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fiddleback, Coal Creek, Steingass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Folks,

I need to hire a lawyer to settle a custody dispute with my Ex, so the knife collection is going up on the chopping block.

• Please no trade offers.
  • The "I'll take it" with the earliest time stamp wins.
  • Please message me, or otherwise let me know, if you would like more pictures. (I cancelled my home internet to save money, so I may take a bit longer than I would like to get those pictures.)
  • Please allow me a day or two to get things to the Post Office—I have a lot going on right now.
  • If you believe any of my prices are outrageous please contact me privately—I haven’t been around for a while and I have a lot going on right now.
  • USPS M/O and PayPal are acceptable forms of payment.

Fiddleback Forge Competition Cutter

This should be the first Competition Cutter by Andy Roy. However, because he didn't like the handle once the knife was finished (and subsequently rehandled it) "technically" it is the second. This knife has been used on a few camping trips, including be batoned through some 3-4 inch pine logs, so the blade has some scuffs and streaks. There are some very minor black spots on the very edge of the blade near the tip, and some slight shrinkage of the wooden handle. However, the blade is still in very good condition and comes with Fiddleback leather pants (with shiny copper rivets). The blade is not as sharp as I would like, but I if the new owner wishes I can send it to Andy for a touch-up before it goes to its new home (I'm willing to split any costs up to a point).

1044587_573983790626_1158894612_n.jpg

Price: $480 (inc. sheath) Shipped via USPS w/ Delivery Confirmation & $500.00 Insurance

SOLD Steingass Chute Knife SOLD

This one pains me to let go. I volunteer with a Search and Rescue team and this was supposed to be my "reward" once I graduated and became an operational canine handler. This was sold as a "blem" because one of the stag slabs is thinner than the other. As with most of the other knives it has been sitting in a box since I purchased it--the edges are both unused. It may have a little wear from sitting in a box against other knives, but it should be minimal.

1002232_573983106996_1942234693_n.jpg

Price $375 Shipped via USPS w/ Delivery Confirmation & $400.00 Insurance

b]SOLD CCF Hawk Heads SOLD[/b]

These have only been lightly used—they are a “blemished” item and the eyes are not in perfect alignment (if you drew a straight line from blade edge to spike point the handle would not be symmetric along that line). They work well for chopping, but I have not really used them for throwing. I can throw in four old handles as well.

999525_573983331546_1566954599_n.jpg

Price $125 Shipped via USPS w/ Delivery Confirmation & $200.00 Insurance

Fiddleback Forge Woodsman

This is my favorite woods blade. It is currently very sharp, and has a nice patina along the blade. Handle shrinkage is minimal and it comes with the original JRE sheath as well as a scout style horizontal sheath. This Woodsman has been with me to a lot of places and has always been a joy to carry. It is a user, but has always been well taken care of and it really is a fine tool.

1017365_573983625956_835765308_n.jpg

Price $200 Shipped via USPS w/ Delivery Confirmation and $200.00 Insurance

I am making my best effort to ensure that all knives are in the exact condition they are being represented as being in. If you revisit this post, please read through again as descriptions may change over time. Again, I'm also going to be doing most everything via my Smartphone (Iphone 3g) so please bear with me if any issues arise. I'll do my best, but that's all I can do.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I will take the Fiddleback Forge woodsman if it is still available. Thanks.

Last edited:
Woodsman is still available. I'll try and get a new thread up this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back