Fiddleback Collections

Thanks Danny, Douglas. IW is definitely my favourite of all handle materials.
Douglas, your collection is stunning. I'd find it very hard to part with any of yours.

Beautiful IW collection Abe! The Bushboot and OS Karda are amazing.:thumbup::thumbup:

Absolutely gorgeous ironwood collection Abe. Your crisp photos always bring out the best in the wood. I dig the lime green pinstripes with ironwood.

Between you, Tony, Peter, and a few others, the ironwood tree may end up on the endangered species list. I enjoy watching the epic sharking frenzy that occurs when prime pieces like these pop up. I fear what would happen around here if the Forge ever found the one unicorn piece of "Bog Ironwood Burl" to pair up with some petrified Osage bolsters on a mythical one-off knife. That would certainly crash the forum on a Friday.

Congratulations on a beautiful collection.

Phil

Thanks for the kind words Phil.

The BB has not left my person since I received it. I think Tony & Peter are bigger contributors to the possible endangerment of the Ironwood tree.

Now "Bog Ironwood Burl" is something that would definitely crash the forum :eek:

Now Abe, we all know you're holding out. You have this way of suddenly posting pics of knives none of us knew you actually had. I suspect there are secret rooms all over your house with massive knife collections. I promise not to rat you out to your wife... if you send me the Ironwood old school Karda, immediately! I'll keep it safe for you.

Just doing my part to keep those pesky trees thinned out, gents.

Lol Tony...I only wish I had these secret rooms filled with knives.

The Karda probably won't be here for another week or so.

I have an offer for you...some of the IW beauts that you have will be very safe in my new safe. I won't charge any storage and you will save on insurance.

Also promise that they will send you postcards from down under.

A win win....:D

Like many of you, my collection is always changing. I am sure that this will be different next month.

I included one AA Forge and two WA Surls knives in the pic... they get lonely if they are separated from the rest of the group.

GtwaHa8.jpg
[/IMG]

real nice. so, what is the one on the left with the reddish burlap and the one on the right with the yellowish burlap? assume, the one on the right is a woodsman and the one on left is a...kephart? thanks.

real nice. so, what is the one on the left with the reddish burlap and the one on the right with the yellowish burlap? assume, the one on the right is a woodsman and the one on left is a...kephart? thanks.

The reddish burlap (I think it is called "Professor In A Blender") is a Bear Paw. I think it is THE most underrated and "neglected" of Andy's designs. I absolutely love the two that I have, and the one you pointed out is among my all time favorite knives.

The yellow burlap is a Woodsman. I currently own 3 Woodsman (Woodsmen?), and have owned another three at different times. That Philellow Yellow Burlap Woodsman is the best example of the model that I have owned or touched.

The reddish burlap (I think it is called "Professor In A Blender") is a Bear Paw. I think it is THE most underrated and "neglected" of Andy's designs. I absolutely love the two that I have, and the one you pointed out is among my all time favorite knives.

The yellow burlap is a Woodsman. I currently own 3 Woodsman (Woodsmen?), and have owned another three at different times. That Philellow Yellow Burlap Woodsman is the best example of the model that I have owned or touched.

thanks! i have been eyeing the little brother... a bear cub. any chance i could see an in-hand pic of the bear paw? i remember thinking that the handle was bigger than i prefer....

The Bear Paw is a big handled knife. If I remember correctly, it is one of the largest handled models.

qRnFgl3.jpg
[/IMG]

u0rnJvK.jpg
[/IMG]

ZFLYo2m.jpg
[/IMG]

cXLv7IC.jpg
[/IMG]

SFgIl9U.jpg
[/IMG]

I can't decide which of your Woodsman and Camp Muks I like the best. Awesome group

I don't post here a whole lot, but I thought I'd show some pics of my collection as it currently stands.

My Fiddlebacks with one Surls knife on the far right.
R0014853_zpsagvulv8y.jpg

My Ospreys.
R0014848_zpsrpqhfy4e.jpg

A couple Gossmans.
R0014891_zpsuorujdth.jpg

And miscellaneous others.
R0014880_zpslffxe7uv.jpg

Dude! D.H. you have a great collection there. good stuff. :thumbup:

love those gossman UNK's. used to have one. what are the two Osprey's at the right?

Nice collection, DH. Although I have never owned a Gossman, I have looked at his knives for a long time and always been impressed. Also, he seems like a great guy based on how he posts on the forums. I also think I see a AA Forge in there. Adam is one of my favorite makers, and probably the only person that comes close to matching Andy's mix of quality and art.

Back