DWKsfqi.jpg

EdXNP7F.jpg
UXx7ii0.jpg

9pma6b0.jpg

scoLxUy.jpg

gXmjS1u.jpg

9u8mZsP.jpg

3mQev2v.jpg

(I'm fascinated at how different these two knives are! Cool beans.)

One last look at dem swedges:
T7JinDx.jpg

~ P.
I love that ironwood bear cub. Is that one 1/8" TT? If so, I'll take it.

awesome Jim

Thanks Phillip! :thumbsup:

Outlander aka Jim's Knife. Do you have them all? :)
Ha! I definitely have a penchant for them. Although I've tried to corner the market there's at least 3, that I know of, that I don't own. :)

That is music to my eyes....what a great set-up :thumbsup:
Thank you. Awesome pun as well. :)

As a fan of moe and fiddlebacks I have to say that's an AWESOME pict, Onedog!
Thank you good sir! It's been a while since I posted any pics so I figured I needed a good one. :)

so, i am always curious with folks that have plenty of fiddlebacks...Which one is your favorite? :rolleyes:;)
I can never answer this question. Obviously I like the Outlander, a lot. The KEB and Woodsman are at the top of the list as well but it's a long list for sure. :)

I love that ironwood bear cub. Is that one 1/8" TT? If so, I'll take it.

Yep, my Bear Cub is 1/8" TT, the treatment and thickness I now consider my default favorite regardless of pattern-- so far. o_O

(So, uh, "no." :D)

The Bear Cub is possibly my favorite in use, and I wish I could carry it more often.

I've been admiring yours:

OtVOkD9.jpg

yEn89bm.jpg

vbWeo2j.jpg

Very nice! I love the look of the Hiking Buddy knives, and they seem to get more attention than other patterns of similar size, but the Bear Cub just seems to fit my hand better (as does my Patch).

Looks like you're going with, BOTH. :cool:

~ P.

I have to agree, the bear cub fits my hand better than any other FB I own. I have to get it out more.

So.......Kylie wins the Best Wife Ever award!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I 've been trying to get her to snag the KPH in CPM off the Flea Market to no avail, sorry rcartmell.
Apparently, she has been talking to Andy the past week or so trying to buy the perfect knife for my B-day. Unknowingly, I picked it out.
Last week, Andy asked me to pick out an Epic knife for him to give as a gift to someone. I picked 2 or three from the 7/14 batch of knives. He chose the BCJr. I made sure it got sharpened w/ those knives on Monday and put it on his desk after it had all the sharpening gunk cleaned off..Bye Bye awesome BCJr. But, she went by Allen's house last week to pick it up.
Sneaky Sneaky( I think I know what is going to be her second Fiddleback)

Im very excited, I've been trying to decide what combo of wood bolstered wood scales I want since Allen started doing them. I got it. Look out for a pretty awesome EDK coming soon:cool:
mC6a_GfgfoDL7MmDoHB-vi.jpg

So.......Kylie wins the Best Wife Ever award!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I 've been trying to get her to snag the KPH in CPM off the Flea Market to no avail, sorry rcartmell.
Apparently, she has been talking to Andy the past week or so trying to buy the perfect knife for my B-day. Unknowingly, I picked it out.
Last week, Andy asked me to pick out an Epic knife for him to give as a gift to someone. I picked 2 or three from the 7/14 batch of knives. He chose the BCJr. I made sure it got sharpened w/ those knives on Monday and put it on his desk after it had all the sharpening gunk cleaned off..Bye Bye awesome BCJr. But, she went by Allen's house last week to pick it up.
Sneaky Sneaky( I think I know what is going to be her second Fiddleback)

Im very excited, I've been trying to decide what combo of wood bolstered wood scales I want since Allen started doing them. I got it. Look out for a pretty awesome EDK coming soon:cool:
mC6a_GfgfoDL7MmDoHB-vi.jpg
That ones up there with Bob's epic Bushfinger. Awesome gift!

Phil, nice work on that Sneaky! :thumbsup: It just looks so right. Making me think I need to move the Sneaky off my never again list.

Many Fiddlebacks have come and gone for me over the last four years around here. I have learned a lot through that experience and made many new friends along the way. This is the current state of my collection as I continue to narrow things down to my favorite users.

[/url
]

[/url
]
More changes to come…
Phil
Awesome collection!!

Some models threw me off a bit until I remembered the Guarded/Guardless thread. :)

Question for those who have much more knowledge on this topic. Are Shadetree scales on the heavier side? I have a Bushfinger 1/8 TT coffebag burlap and a Bushfinger 5/32 TT African Blackwood. I was pleasantly surprised when I put them on the scale and both were exactly 5.6 oz (159g). On a side note, everyone on this forum is extremely helpful and the amount of information posted is mind boggling but awesome to read through. I purchased my first Fiddleback, a Bushfinger, about 9 months ago after 15 years of backpacking/camping with a bunch of Mora's, Benchmades, etc.. Over the last several months, I "somehow" have accumulated a Hiking Buddy, Handyman, Duke, Camp Muk, Nessmuk, Arete (arriving today) and two other Bushfinger's. Each knife has such a unique feel and I still have a OS Ladyfinger, Bushnub and a Patch on my wish list. Thanks again and keep up the great work!

sounds like you are off to a good start.

The Shadetree scales are on the heavier side of things. G10 is probably a tad heavier.

What is the second knife on the left? Is that an Arete?

As Mr. Kirkwood already confirmed, it is an Arete. The high grind and thin taper on this one gives it a very svelte look and feel.

As a side note, once I hear back on an old dibs request, my Arete and Custom Shop Duke will be moving to a flea market near you soon.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Phil, nice work on that Sneaky! :thumbsup: It just looks so right. Making me think I need to move the Sneaky off my never again list.

Thanks for the compliment on my modded Sneaky. It has taken on a Puukko-like look and feel that I love. This is not a mod that will appeal to most folks, but it works for me.

Awesome collection!!

Some models threw me off a bit until I remembered the Guarded/Guardless thread. :)

It takes a lot to throw you off. It seems like you have, or had, had one of everything. :D

Phil

Back