Fiddleback community center

Yeah my sister lives on the Florida coast and I can't convince her to evacuate. She and her husband have decided to ride out the storm. I'm not all too happy about it.
Prayers with your sister T. Keep us posted! And if you hear from Rick as well.

seems like we may get some serious stuff up here according to the news.
schools all over are closed for the next 1 or 2 days.

The latest from my sister's that she was doing pretty well. Rick battened down the hatches on all his equipment cuz he was a little nervous about losing his roof on his shop and then headed for a shelter with his family. Last I talked to him he was getting set up in a school classroom. Hopefully I'll get an updated today

Reports are that our property made it out ok, but getting back to Florida is still somewhat of a challenge.

In other news, it appears we will be returning only to pack some boxes. I was offered and accepted a new position this week. Irma has passed but the winds of change remain. We are headed up to VA Beach very soon. After living in Florida for 20 years, I am expecting a bit of shock but am largely optimistic about the area. Any Fiddleback community members nearby?

Reports are that our property made it out ok, but getting back to Florida is still somewhat of a challenge.

In other news, it appears we will be returning only to pack some boxes. I was offered and accepted a new position this week. Irma has passed but the winds of change remain. We are headed up to VA Beach very soon. After living in Florida for 20 years, I am expecting a bit of shock but am largely optimistic about the area. Any Fiddleback community members nearby?
WOW. Wish you the best of luck on that move!! after 20 years!! a bit up the coast line but all good!! Temps will probably be down from FL. Get yourself some jackets!

Hey Jarrett,
I've been pulling for you since they first said Irma was headed to FL. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you for the house, your belongings, your neighbors, your new job (congrats!) and for your new open slate near VA Beach. :):thumbsup:

Oh yeah, and for pertinux pertinux Sarah's knives too. :D

Hey Jarrett,
I've been pulling for you since they first said Irma was headed to FL. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you for the house, your belongings, your neighbors, your new job (congrats!) and for your new open slate near VA Beach. :):thumbsup:

What he said! I'm glad your Stuff is safe, and hope the best for you and yours with whatever lies between you, your current home, and your upcoming move and re-settling.

Oh yeah, and for pertinux pertinux Sarah's knives too. :D

RockOn.gif~original

~ P.

Ok, here is a 1st world problems request for input or maybe hands on help. I know there are CRK forums but I don't know the folks/community at all. However, I do know and trust folks here and, we tend to like more than just one manufacturer.

I've got a CRK large Inkosi (It's a Knife Art edition where one full side is carbon fiber) and the centering is off a bit - almost if not touching the cf / non-clip side. When opening or closin it I put pressure on that side with my thumb to avoid any snail trails. I've taken it apart and reassembled a few times thinking something might sit differently. I've tried loosening all hardware to try different sequences of which to tighten first.. It was centered when new.

I've searched for tips, videos and such. I didn't call CRK to discuss a spa treatment or anything. Just thought I'd ask here; Is there a trick, something I'm missing, an order of tightening during assembly? If there is anyone who would even want to check it out and try adjusting centering, I might be game for that.

I don't want to clutter this thread with this topic beyond this question so please PM or email me at warrior108@gmail.com if you have any input. Thanks!

Funny how the world sometimes appears to take something and then give something. Especially on the heels of this weather phenomena. Big Congratulations on the new life coming to you and yours! Smoke set up for you and yours Amigo!

Ok, here is a 1st world problems request for input or maybe hands on help. I know there are CRK forums but I don't know the folks/community at all. However, I do know and trust folks here and, we tend to like more than just one manufacturer.

I've got a CRK large Inkosi (It's a Knife Art edition where one full side is carbon fiber) and the centering is off a bit - almost if not touching the cf / non-clip side. When opening or closin it I put pressure on that side with my thumb to avoid any snail trails. I've taken it apart and reassembled a few times thinking something might sit differently. I've tried loosening all hardware to try different sequences of which to tighten first.. It was centered when new.

I've searched for tips, videos and such. I didn't call CRK to discuss a spa treatment or anything. Just thought I'd ask here; Is there a trick, something I'm missing, an order of tightening during assembly? If there is anyone who would even want to check it out and try adjusting centering, I might be game for that.

I don't want to clutter this thread with this topic beyond this question so please PM or email me at warrior108@gmail.com if you have any input. Thanks!

Email sent.

Hey, y'all-- a gentle request:

For reasons both practical and Quixotic, I don't use my given name in forum posts, and would prefer if others would not as well.

I've hesitated to say anything because I don't want anyone to feel bad for already having done so. (Please don't; you didn't know, and I appreciate the familiarity and friendship here!) It also feels weird-er the more I talk about it. So, I don't! :confused:

However, I was just drawn into a discussion in Traditional that has gone further than I expected, so I thought it best to speak up here as well.

Pertinux works, or P., or HEY YOU WITH THE BLUE, or whatevs. I'll figure it out. :) It's okay if you've already used my actual name, and I won't be upset if you forget (or miss the memo and are reading this much later, having repeatedly done so). It's just my preference, this far down the road.

Thanks!

(Context, for the curious? The discussion picks up here, with what I hope is my final post on the subject here.)

~ P.

Back