Fiddleback community center

Well 2018 isn’t ending so well for my family. Spent last night in the ER looking at the insides of mom’s arms while the surgeon tried to figure out how best to piece them back together. A couple hours earlier she was sitting on a friends living room couch after delivering her friend some homemade soup. The friend left the living room, let her big dog in the housevia the breezeway, and didn’t come back inside. This was a rescue dog that apparently had shown warning signs of aggression in the past year. The dog (lab/pit/??mut) ran into the living room growling showing teeth and attacked mom on the couch. Mom protected her face/neck, escaped through the front door and called my brother who later showed up to the scene; her sweatshirt/pants/shoes covered in blood and flesh. 3 county sheriffs police and an ambulance arrived soon after. PRAYING for minimal infection (potentially the most dangerous part of this event).

Dog owners — PLEASE personally introduce your pup to strangers (people the dog doesn’t know) and let them know they’re friends, especially those that come into your house. When I visited the shop a few weeks ago VANCE VANCE left Andy’s tiny dog in the office....because he gets it. They need to be introduced properly.

Mom is the biggest dog lover on the planet. Every day she wears a rubber wrist band with dog prints on it. I’m Sittng here right now looking at her xmas tree that is covered in dog ornaments. There are even dog figurines climbing a ladder to get on the tree!! Shehas two small dogs. Hospital staff left the bracelet on her right arm during the surgery. The irony. The impact on us. I can’t imagine the additional horror, had my 2.5 year old been there with nana.

When I was in 1st grade, a neighbor dog tried to bite off my arm but settled for a chunk of my shoulder. It had bitten a neighbor girl in the face a week prior to that. It’s so important to address warning signs early.

I’m not trying to instigate arguments about how to handle/train dogs but I know this was preventable and hope this post somehow helps prevent a future dog attack.

Oh My Lord. Sorry to hear of this unfortunate situation. Prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong and please keep us updated.

Oh, no. I’m so sorry to hear about this. Keeping my fingers crossed that your mom will recover soon. Situations like this are so heartbreaking. You have given some sage advice in your post, and it’s always good for dog owners to be reminded of this from time to time.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now, J.

Oh Man am I sorry to read this. A speedy recovery both physically and emotionally for your Mom. Blessings to you all.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Mom had her stitches removed and there is no sign of infection --- thanks to the ER for initially spending a considerable amount of time irrigating the wounds, which looked to be the most painful part of the process. The doctor's office sent her back to the ER to have the stitches removed since they were so thick (like 70lb braided fishing line) and deep. Plus the ER gave her better anesthesia to deal with it. Wounds are still a horrible black-ish mess that require daily cleansing and wrap.

Authorities attempted to remove the dog from the house but had to sedate it. After 10-11 days of observation, the vet concluded it would likely attack again. The dog has been euthanized.

So good to hear your mom is healing. We will continue to keep her in our thoughts.
Probably the best thing about the dog.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Mom had her stitches removed and there is no sign of infection --- thanks to the ER for initially spending a considerable amount of time irrigating the wounds, which looked to be the most painful part of the process. The doctor's office sent her back to the ER to have the stitches removed since they were so thick (like 70lb braided fishing line) and deep. Plus the ER gave her better anesthesia to deal with it. Wounds are still a horrible black-ish mess that require daily cleansing and wrap.

Authorities attempted to remove the dog from the house but had to sedate it. After 10-11 days of observation, the vet concluded it would likely attack again. The dog has been euthanized.

Wow, so sorry to hear your mom was hurt Jason. I hope she does okay in all this. We'll keep her in our prayers.

Well...fingers crossed. Tomorrow is a day I have been waiting on for 27 months. With any luck, tomorrow afternoon I will no longer be legally attached to the woman I married almost 14 years ago, and will finally be able to get on with my life, hopefully moving in much more positive direction than what has been happening for the last 8 years.

Well...fingers crossed. Tomorrow is a day I have been waiting on for 27 months. With any luck, tomorrow afternoon I will no longer be legally attached to the woman I married almost 14 years ago, and will finally be able to get on with my life, hopefully moving in much more positive direction than what has been happening for the last 8 years.
Best of luck.....hoping you can find some resolution and peace when all the dust settles. :)

Best of luck.....hoping you can find some resolution and peace when all the dust settles. :)

Thank you. It is an uncontested and agreed to divorce. I've had primary residential "custody" of our daughter since Lisa finally agreed to the divorce I had first asked for back in the autumn 2015 when I couldn't take living with her anymore. But Alayna has always spent a lot more time hanging out with me than anyone else since she was four years old. Lisa and I get along fine, now that we don't live together and I've quit having any expectations of her ever helping us get anywhere in life. We are still on friendly terms and all and haven't had an argument since we separated 27 months ago, we just clearly want different things from life. We have lived the parenting plan we've submitted to the court for the last two years, our daughter is doing fine, and our lives are much more peaceful thank god. There was a slight snag at court today, as we had put some of our facts, figures, and info in the wrong spaces on some of the paperwork as we filled it out together, so I had to come home and re-write the permanent parenting plan today, and I have to re-file it tomorrow after we get it notarized and request a new court date. BUT the judge says he knows what happened and why, and is okay with granting the divorce once the paperwork has been corrected, so there was definitely progress made today.

On a lighter note.... A fellow once said to Willie Nelson, “why’s divorce so expensive?”...Willie, being himself, and without missing a beat replied “ cuz it’s worth it” .
Anyway Good Luck on this one Brother!

Thank you Douglas! And yes, he's so right. The peace is certainly worth the expenses.

Wow, so sorry to hear your mom was hurt Jason. I hope she does okay in all this. We'll keep her in our prayers.
There is no life without death. I think no one knows this better than you. Been divorced 2X, it is a hard path but an opportunity for a new start. Smoke up.

Bill

There is no life without death. I think no one knows this better than you. Been divorced 2X, it is a hard path but an opportunity for a new start. Smoke up.

Bill

Thank you Bill! Yes, this is my second go at all this too man, I don't think there will be a third time of me signing those papers lol. At least not until I'm old enough that I have a reasonable hope of dying before I have to go through this crap again :)

Reactions: KP
My big boy MAXIMUS went on his final walk today. He turned 9 back in January but for the past 6months has been slowly consumed by the effects of degenerative myelopathy . DM is a progressive disease that has no cure and ultimately leads to all limbs being paralyzed.

It started as something that i didnt even recognize until one night I "paused" the tv before taking him outside. Kylie could hear his back left paw dragging on the carpet. Since then it had progressed to him essentially having no control or use of the back left leg and the other side was weakening as well. I would literally have to pick him up and reset his back legs underneath him 5 to 10x every time we went outside to "potty".

Something hit me the other night. He had fallen down in the backyard and looked up at me and let out a "sigh" as if he was trying to tell me he was tired of "getting back up"
This morning Kylie & I had to make the decision that all pet owners dread the most. We were both there until the very end.It F'n sucks

From the beginning to the end he was the best dog I could have ever asked for.
2v2EYYLq9xurAoi.jpg

2v2EY7Pr5xurAoi.jpg

2v2E1MF78xurAoi.jpg

2v2EY7kSMxurAoi.jpg

2v2EY7kNgxurAoi.jpg

I miss you more than you know big boy Maxi

Back