Fiddleback Flea Market Feedback (Good and Bad Trades and Sales)

thurin

Wanderer
Since we aren't able to leave Exchange Feedback for knives that are sold and traded in the Flea Market, here's a thread where we can document the good (hopefully all) and bad (hopefully never) transactions.

I'll keep this first post as a running list of any Bad transactions. I hope this list stays empty. Of course, please try to work things out privately before airing any issues here in this thread. Exchange rules apply here, and exchange etiquette does as well.

Bad Trades (username and post that documents):

I've experienced great transactions with the following users and would gladly work with them again and vouch for them to anyone that asks.

HWF
Joe Duder
maw
McVeyMac
Comprehensivist
VASticks
ErichM
xxwjtxx
solid4ever
ricsha
Tha Baron
Ed G

Thanks guys for being a pleasure to deal with.

Just my opinion here, but there's already a General Forum Good, Bad, Ugly Feedback area. The regulars here pretty much know one another and things get sorted civil manner. If there's ever a question of someone who's less than a frequent flyer, one could always do a quick SEARCH through Forum's Good-The-Bad-The-Ugly! Thread.

I have had good experiences with
kirkwood and trestle
and would gladly buy from them again.

Not sure exactly what to put in here, but I just wanted to leave a positive note about Tinbanger.

I bought a Hiking Buddy from him recently. Quick replies to pm, quick shipping, all good. Thanks again man :thumbup:

Awww man...now I have to go all the way back through the flea market thread so I can list them. Every time I get in that thread it's like getting stuck in a vortex I can't escape :D

How about this, I have had positive experiences with everyone I have dealt with here in the flea market, and their names are in the thread :)

Oh ok, I'll list some of them here, and scroll through later when I have more time, and am not up against an insane deadline, and see who I've missed and add their names to this list ;)

maw
WilliC
dcycleman
icybluesmile
VASticks
Kal-El
JoeDuder
McVeyMac
xxwjtxx
Comprehensivist
wbaxley
solid4ever
gtr60
bmktdk
Cdmayhem
Kirkwood
Roemer1
Scotcha
OneDog
SonnyJim
Nbrackett

Last edited:
Man I'm lazy I will just wait until someone has a list with everyone around here on it then edit it to all the people I have dealt with. Never had a bad experience in the Fiddleback forum.

Shhhhhh, jeeeesh, way to give it away Will...now everyone will wait lol

I too would have to go back to page 30 and move forward to find all of the transactions, and this would not capture all of them. I am reluctant to list them by name as I fear it would be inevitable that I would leave someone out. Suffice it to say that each and every transaction that I have had here was perfect. Many people I have purchased from multiple times. I should also point out that I have purchased from most of the leather benders as well, and they have all been exceptional.

Last edited:
^^^ This. I completely agree with what Walt said. My first Fiddleback trade was back in 2010, long before the Flea Market even existed. Since then, there have been too many to list. However, I've NEVER had a bad experience with anyone on this forum.

Thanks guys for the additions.

Just to clarify the purpose of this thread - Let's say you're buying/selling/trading primarily happens here in the Flea Market instead of the normal exchange. This is awesome for us regulars and we all know each other pretty well and trust each other. But if a seller is selling a knife in the normal exchange and you go to buy it, or if you're selling a knife in the exchange, and the other party goes to look at your feedback score and sees 0 (or some other low number), they might question wanting to make the deal with you. At that point you could point them to this thread with a "check out how many times my name shows up in the "good" list.

You could point them to the flea market and have them search for any transactions you're associated with in there. This thread was just meant to be a quicker way of getting some cred.

Thurin

Thanks for the last post. I have been wanting to chime in here but I haven't had the opportunity. You explained it excellently. That was my thinking when I suggested a thread like this. It's obvious that 99.9% of dealings in this forum will be nothing but absolutely positive but it is too bad you can't post any feedback as a result of Flea-Market dealings. I have had a few dealings with members that I did not know. For example, new member "Brendanruch". I think he has about 30 posts and zero feedback. I'm a trusting guy and made a trade with Brendan. It was flawless and I discovered a new young forum member along the way. I'd love to help this kid out with some feedback but unfortunately it's not possible.

I also don't feel there is anything wrong with throwing a little praise out there once in a while for our regulars. I don't know that anybody needs go back through history and list every deal but from here forward, a positive post I'm sure, is always appreciated.

Most of the names I've seen all check out with me. I know there is plenty more that aren't in here yet. One name I haven't seen is MajorD. He's good to go in my book.

Heck I even paid xxwjtxx for a knife that was intended for WAS. Darn mobile paypal app. Will was pretty surprised to get paid for a knife when he didn't have one for sale. I was in a hurry one AM and did not check closely enough. My fat finger hit the wrong William in the drop down. He promptly refunded my money.

That's a mighty fine fella!

I had a good transaction with joe duder recently

Hahaha hahaha that is hilarious!

I actually laughed out loud alone til I cried! Thank you!

Back