Fiddleback Forge Blog

k_estela

Co-Moderator, Wilderness and Survival Skills Forum
Hey everyone,

I'm getting ready to start writing the December Fiddleback Forge Blog. Looking to hear what topics YOU want me to cover. I'll select one from this thread over the next few days. Post what you want me to write about and I'll get right on it!

Kev

Kevin, consider the following: I'm wet, cold, but I have enough energy to make a fire. Should I be sleeping nekkid near the bonfire while the clothes dry or keep them on? Should I sleep on a bed of sticks? How do I survive if I'm a minimalist hiker over my head with one set of clothes, simple fire gear, and i've got to see the night through?

Also, pivoting a moment, let's talk water. Maybe i'm out. No lifestraw. No primary source like a stream. Can I suck on grass? Where can I get some water from nature without poisoning myself?

Best,

I'd love to hear your design philosophy behind the KE Bushie. I have 7 knives that I keep using and can't criticize. This is one of them.

If you only had 48 hours to spend in the mostly undeveloped outdoors, due to life circumstances, how would you go about maximizing that time?

Cheers!

Tell us about that time you had to bushcraft up a cure for the herps after a night of drinking with questionable bush ladies.

or that weekend in San Francisco when you worked as an Uber driver in you Prius while dressed out in drag.

Definitely want to hear bushie woods ladies

I can see it all now!

The announcer breaks in half way through "Naked and Afraid" and says.
"Following Forged in Fire tonight. Stay tuned to WDIP for the all new outdoor reality series. Secret Lives of the Fiddlecack Forge Collaborators"

An all new show that changes the meaning of wild edibles! Searching for Herbs, while avoiding Herps. Why you shouldn't get Tranny Fluid on your Fiddleback, and other woody adventures. Don't miss it!

I'm off to grab a short piece of snare wire, to dip my K.E. Bushie in a solution of diluted Clorox. Just to be safe.

Bow Drill in the Snow!
With native eastern woods.
I like the idea of this one. Winter friction fire isn't terribly difficult as the conditions are drier than most other months. I just need some good snow to make the shots more dramatic. Yep, I like this idea.

Back