Fiddleback Fourlegged Friends

MAXIMUS sporting his new @Diomedes Industries collar. This thing is built like a tank.
2v2uG4Vm8xurAoi.jpg

Last edited:
Morale Boost.

~ P.
This video is from a few months back, but as the temperature is dropping now, I'm getting concerned for pertinux pertinux as she's driving around. You know, exposure to the cold and all. Does anyone happen to have an extra car door they could give her?

R RobbieB :

Har.

I'd keep the Jeep stripped down (no top or doors) all year if I could, but yes, we gets chilly. It's been buttoned up for a while now:

IMG_8942.jpg

(Most of the whole point of the Jeep for me is to drive it Doorless, but I'm always relieved when it all goes back together.)

I am fortunate to also have an efficient car with actual gas mileage and wonderments like "cruise control," which-- in addition to performing rainy-day backup through the summer months-- is perfect for trips such as my recent jaunt to NC the week end before last to meet @Fiddleback, VANCE VANCE et al at Whitty's open house.

It was my first long trek with my wee doggit; here we are first practicing her booster seat in the driveway, in preparation:
IMG_8556.jpg

IMG_8559.jpg

:D

~ P.

pertinux pertinux , what a relief. ;) "Wee doggit" doesn't look too sure about her car seat. I'm sure she eventually settled in though.

pertinux pertinux , what a relief. ;) "Wee doggit" doesn't look too sure about her car seat. I'm sure she eventually settled in though.

You're one for two, at any rate. :rolleyes:

-- I'd set her car seat in the living room ahead of time, hiding treats in it off and on to build happy expectations.

She was excited to follow it to the car for Practice, and-- if not relaxed-- seemed to enjoy being able to see out the window!

The morning of our 8-hr trip, I loaded up her treats bag with cubed chicken (at least a day's of worth, looking ahead to Saturday and a day of foreign floors and crowds) and gave her Benadryl. At some point soon after, the cats helpfully knocked her treats bag onto the floor so she could eat all the chicken ahead of time. Yay!

With a full stomach, Benadryl, and a cozy seat-bed, surely she would conk out relatively soon into our drive?

Nay.

In which Wee Doggit refused to sleep. Here she is, hours down the spine of VA on Rte 81, still bolt upright:
IMG_8779.jpg
(Granted, we've Stopped, which is very Exciting, but it's not like she lay down at all up to this point.)

She LURVED the hotel, which was clearly all for Her, and was an absolute champ throughout Whitty's Open House.

Look! Here's a picture from the event featuring Andy Roy's foot (left), Ethan Becker's foot (top right), and part of my dog.
IMG_8790.jpg
Also a BLUE Sylvrfalcen. o_O

~ P.

Back