Fiddleback Friday 11.15/13

If I didn't just buy a SIRT gun today, 2 of these would be mine. Damn! One of my favorite batches.

The Osage SS Bushfinger is a gem Andy. First time I've seen a Bushfinger that competes with my S35VN one ;)

Lots of other goodies as well

Damn, where do I start. That DIW Karda is beautiful and in 3/16 no less! The cornflower blue HB is sweet! At 3/16 I wish I could afford it and I'm not even a big blue fan. That maroon Sneaky Pete looks great, liking those more and more. Both Recluses look fantastic, and after defending mine all day I'll need to buy my brother one later. The drunken burlap one looks super. And damn I love that Hunter!

Now that I've been able to go back through the batch - I scrolled immediately to the bottom where the woodsman might be and didn't even notice the rest of the batch - I was on mission :) I gotta say, the diversity in this batch is pretty amazing. Little knives in 3/16, bunch of big knives, all the CPM154, every type of handle you could imagine. I'm glad I was laser focused this week or I wouldn't have been able to decide. Nicely done Andy and crew!

Andy, I'll take:

2013 1115 009 - Sneaky Pete, Stabilized and dyed Lacewood over black g10 with a blue g10 pinstripe, SFT Tang, Convex on THICK 5/32” thick Fiddltextured CPM154CM steel - $315

Thanks,
Edge
Good selection Ed! Prettiest Lacewood I think I've ever laid eyes on

Gordy,

LOL... I grabbed 1 Runt, then started thinking about Christmas... What a cool gift! I'm sorry! If you're in love with one, let me know; it can be yours! :)

-Will

Ill take tje

2013 1115 019 - Nessmuk, Red Burlap from shadetree over natural canvas with a white g10 pinstripe, Tapered Tang, Convex on 5/32” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel -

Dang it...there are a bunch I want but I'm going to wait for a KPH or hunter or a runt...something I don't already have. I don't think it's my week anyway...the first five knives I picked were already called for....LOL. All's I can say about that is........You guys have some good tastes in knives! Have a great week everyone!...Gordy

I'm going to take this discussion off line Will. I think it's a great idea that both you and your bro will have matching knives! TTYL...G-man

Good selection Ed! Prettiest Lacewood I think I've ever laid eyes on

Thanks man ... I'm new to "the Forge" ... I was seriously eyeballin' one of those Runts, as well as the Kephart (which vanished while I pondered) but that Sneaky Pete handle looks like it might be real comfortable to use and it had such pretty covers, and a CPM154 high convex to boot! I'm happy ...

~ Edge

I'll take this one.

2013 1115 016 – Kephart, Arizona Desert Ironwood over black g10 with a white g10 pinstripe, SFT Tang, Convex on 1/8” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $255

Thanks,

Phil

Gorgeous knife, Phil. Great score.

~ Edge

Seconds on

2013 1115 017 – Guardless Woodchuck, Osage Orange over black g10 with an orange g10 pinstripe, SFT Tang, Convex on THICK 3/16” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $255

Thanks man ... I'm new to "the Forge" ... I was seriously eyeballin' one of those Runts, as well as the Kephart (which vanished while I pondered) but that Sneaky Pete handle looks like it might be real comfortable to use and it had such pretty covers, and a CPM154 high convex to boot! I'm happy ...

~ Edge

You did good with that one Edge! That lacewood is gorgeous and stainless with a penetrator tip to boot. I just received my Sneaky Pete today from the 11/01 batch. You are going to like it!!

Phil

Andy, I'll take:

2013 1115 020 – Woodsman, Stabilized curly quartersawn Oak over black g10 with a lime green g10 pinstripe, THICK SFT Tang, Convex on 3/16” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $350

That one needed a Fiddle on it, but I was too scared to do the etch and re-grind..... Its definitely special though.

You got it. Thank you!

I'll take this one - 2013 1115 014 – Recluse (super lightweight), Tuxedo, Tapered Tang, Convex on 1/8” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $265

You got the Recluse KP. Thanks!

I'll take this one.

2013 1115 016 – Kephart, Arizona Desert Ironwood over black g10 with a white g10 pinstripe, SFT Tang, Convex on 1/8” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $255

Thanks,

Phil

Nice Score Phil. Thank You!

i will take the green swedge bushfinger

Getting picky in your old age. I gotta re-design the BF or something and make you start over. LOL. Thanks Erich.

Can I please have:

2013 1115 002 - Runt, OD canvas over natural canvas with a lime green g10 pinstripe, Tapered Tang, Convex on 1/8” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $195

2013 1115 003 – Karda, Arizona Desert Ironwood over black g10 with wide white g10 whitewalls, SFT Tang, Convex on 3/16” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $185

Three knives this week. Thank You!!

I'll take

2013 1115 015 – Recluse, Drunken Burlap micarta from shadetree over black g10 with a thick orange g10 pinstripe, SFT Tang, Convex on 1/8” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $255

You got the Recluse! Thanks!

I'll take 2013 1115 006 – Hiking Buddy, Cornflower blue g10 over natural canvas with wide white g10 whitewalls, SFT Tang, Convex on 1/8” thick Fiddltextured CPM154CM steel - $290

Glad that one got snagged. I'm getting weak for the Cornflower.

I'll take -

2013 1115 017 – Guardless Woodchuck, Osage Orange over black g10 with an orange g10 pinstripe, SFT Tang, Convex on THICK 3/16” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $255

Two nice scores for you Brummie. Thank You!!!

Andy, I'll take:

2013 1115 009 - Sneaky Pete, Stabilized and dyed Lacewood over black g10 with a blue g10 pinstripe, SFT Tang, Convex on THICK 5/32” thick Fiddltextured CPM154CM steel - $315

Thanks,
Edge

Thanks Edge. Its yours my friend.

I'll also take -

2013 1115 022 – Duke, Stabilized Box Elder burl over black g10 with a lime green g10 pinstripe, THICK SFT Tang, Convex on 3/16” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $350

Snag x 2.

Good Christmas present for my bro.... I waited so not to shark to bad!!!!

2013 1115 001 – Runt, OD canvas over natural canvas with a lime green g10 pinstripe, Tapered Tang, Convex on 1/8” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel - $195

Thanks!

You are definitely on my good side Will. Thank you!

Ill take tje

2013 1115 019 - Nessmuk, Red Burlap from shadetree over natural canvas with a white g10 pinstripe, Tapered Tang, Convex on 5/32” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel -

Thanks Tribal. You got it!

~ Edge
The Sneaky Pete is a great small knife. I have a few and I was going to try and get the one you have but today was not my day for just about anything I liked. I know you will be very happy with your first and I can pretty much guarantee you that after you put it in your hands it won't be the last one! If you are interested in a fancy sheath I recommend that you talk to Rick Lowe. Rick is one of the sheath makers that Andy recommends. There are a couple of other guys making sheaths for Andy's clients as well. Andy talks about all of them in his weekly letter.

The Sneaky Pete is a great small knife. I have a few and I was going to try and get the one you have but today was not my day for just about anything I liked. I know you will be very happy with your first and I can pretty much guarantee you that after you put it in your hands it won't be the last one! If you are interested in a fancy sheath I recommend that you talk to Rick Lowe. Rick is one of the sheath makers that Andy recommends. There are a couple of other guys making sheaths for Andy's clients as well. Andy talks about all of them in his weekly letter.

Gordy is right, Rick Lowe is the person to talk to. All my Fiddlebacks ride in RLO sheaths, great quality and price.

Thanks Phil, Gordy, and -1! … I appreciate the support and tips … feelin' pretty good about my choice … VERY hard to decide with all those beauties to choose from ...

~ Edge

Back