Fiddleback Model Specs w/ pic reference/comparison

Pokerface Pokerface - Bushcraft Tasker on the left, Bushboot on the right. The Tasker has a lot more to hold onto in both length and girth. The Bushboot would be easier to EDC.
26945108628_0f4d4dd87e_c.jpg
Great comparison pics, thanks!

At the request of @Lady1911, here's a comparison of some EDC-size models with blade lengths ranging from 2.5 to 3.5 inches. These are aligned at the plunge line so you can see differences in blade length as well as handle length.
41668382622_e2ec9d3039_o.jpg
I love that handyman Robbie

Hmmm I guess this works here. The Loner and Hiking Buddy. The loner is becoming one of my favorite EDC knives due to its smaller size and flatter profile.

04A57CB7-5D82-4985-B264-393712F95074.JPG

Thanks, here you go TPVT TPVT
Bottom - Hiking buddy on left 1/8” Loner on right 3/32” not fully apples to apples. The HB is rounder and the Loner is taller, both fill up the hand width wise about the same.

844CB3AC-BFCA-42FE-9E73-D2FCA9554C67.jpeg

Last edited:
nice ones. when you can, any chance you can post a spine shot? looking to see the difference in handle contours and thickness.

thanks. those are handsome knives.

nice ones. when you can, any chance you can post a spine shot? looking to see the difference in handle contours and thickness.

thanks. those are handsome knives.
Within a given Fiddleback model, the thickness can vary quite a bit from super slim to "broomstick" (not meaning that in a negative way) depending on what Andy is feeling each one should be as he makes them. So you can't really compare handle thicknesses from model to model.

I'm not discouraging spine / contour pics per your request but you'll need to take the comparisons with the variation into consideration.

Here are 3 Bushfingers ...

2v2u7dpYgxAKujh.jpg

2v2u7dcFVxAKujh.jpg

2v2u7dpyVxAKujh.jpg

2v2u7dpCVxAKujh.jpg

David L David L Warrior108 Warrior108 ... yup, understood/agreed. though, i would expect the contours to stay relatively the same and just the thicknesses to change (e.g. barrel, coke bottle, “regular palm swell contour”, etc). just wanted to get a look. i wasn’t familiar with the loner and was feeling lazy. :D

thanks guys. i appreciate the extra pics and feedback. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
David L David L Warrior108 Warrior108 ... yup, understood. though, i would expect the contours to stay relatively the same and just the thicknesses to change (e.g. barrel, coke bottle, “regular palm swell contour”, etc). just wanted to get a look. i wasn’t familiar with the loner and was feeling lazy. :D

thanks guys. i appreciate the extra pics and feedback. :thumbsup:
My favorite of the 3 Bushingers is the middle / reddish one. Just because it might not be obvious from the pics, the concave parts go more narrow than the bog oak one and the front and back ends flare a bit more to help with keeping a better grasp and not slipping. Holding the reddish one my hand says "Ohhh!" and sadly when I pick up the bog oak one (probably my favorite material) my hand says "Meh" If you look at the last picture, you'd never guess that the evergreen burlap one has the thinnest (3/32") blade stock of the 3 knives. I ended up returning the green one to the dealer just because it was pretty far from my personal/individual preference.

I'd like to see spine comparisons also, just because some models don't tend to have much contour and others do (generally speaking that is)

My favorite of the 3 Bushingers is the middle / reddish one. Just because it might not be obvious from the pics, the concave parts go more narrow than the bog oak one and the front and back ends flare a bit more to help with keeping a better grasp and not slipping. Holding the reddish one my hand says "Ohhh!" and sadly when I pick up the bog oak one (probably my favorite material) my hand says "Meh" If you look at the last picture, you'd never guess that the evergreen burlap one has the thinnest (3/32") blade stock of the 3 knives. I ended up returning the green one to the dealer just because it was pretty far from my personal/individual preference.

I'd like to see spine comparisons also, just because some models don't tend to have much contour and others do (generally speaking that is)
right on. and i like how you put it. my hand has to like the handle before any knife gets used. a knife might be beautiful and the steel made of “diamonds”, but it won’t matter if it’s not comfortable in-hand.

and therein lies the rub. i don’t envy knife-makers, as every hand is different. but as a consumer, it’s half the fun (for me)...searching for that knife that’s a perfect fit. :thumbsup:

Does anyone have a pic with a Loner and some similar sized Fiddlebacks? What's close in size? I cant seem to find the specs on this one. Thanks

Does anyone have a pic with a Loner and some similar sized Fiddlebacks? What's close in size? I cant seem to find the specs on this one. Thanks

Loner - 3.325" Blade - 7.25" OAL

this is all I could find. I know I want one.

Loner - 3.325" Blade - 7.25" OAL

this is all I could find. I know I want one.
Robert & Allison have been working hard to add the Specs of most models on our website

https://fiddlebackforge.com/collect...se/products/fiddleback-forge-loner-model-info

NoRest NoRest i just tagged you on one of my IG posts

I had a question about red burlatex, hopefully someone can chime in.

Is it a bright-ish candy apple red looking color?

I want a red that is not very, “hey look at me” shade of red. I just can’t seem to find any helpful images.

Back