Fiddleback on Tap Saturdays

Here's my Old school ladyfinger with a local brew from Against the grain brewery in Louisville Ky. The name suits it..

4af0cc2c21bd4f1345560181986b9663.jpg

"Citra ass down"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you need the matching F2 in the flea market! I'm a big fan of my OS Lady and F2 combo. :D

Edit: Nevermind! Swo just bought it. Haha.

I don't see any scratches on that pommel Nathan, you must not have used the Andy Roy technique of bottle opening :)

How are you liking the Pygmy? Looks like a handle little bugger. I think I'm going to need a Shaman with an organic handle material of some sort.

I don't see any scratches on that pommel Nathan, you must not have used the Andy Roy technique of bottle opening :)

How are you liking the Pygmy? Looks like a handle little bugger. I think I'm going to need a Shaman with an organic handle material of some sort.

haha, I would have a hard time opening a beer that way.

The pygmy has been sitting on my desk, doing the usual tasks. Handy little knife. I need to make a sheath for it so I can carry it.

The larger ones look interesting as well.

Gotta toast to a NYE On Tap Saturday. At the hotel and ringing in the new year w/ the perfect edc and opener. Cheers!

DP5UBdj.jpg

Ringing in the New Year with a couple of old favorites.

Happy New Year all.

Some of this project has required finding things, and other parts are requiring making things. The maps have been a fun part of the project. The table used for this series of shots is one I am making of rough sawn black walnut that is right at 2 inches thick. It's a bit over 5 feet long, and about 3.5 feet wide at the widest point. The shots I did tonight were done in low light, with candle light only, and the table was freshly sanded, so it's lighter than I wanted, but it will darken up with the oiling and be ready for the final shots once I have everything ready for that series. The rest of the shots will be part of another thread I'm putting together, but this week's Fiddleback On Tap comes on New Years Eve, with a nice bottle of mead made by a good friend in Atlanta, and was shot in a war room in an undisclosed location somewhere to the north of Osgiliath :)

DSC_9210.jpg

DSC_9148.jpg

Brian,

I want to move in. My boys want to come too. We're all short, like Hobbits.
We'll bring tobacco.
The boys will sing.
We'll fight endlessly and cause all sorts of trouble.

Did I mention we'd bring tobacco?

Those shots are fantastic. The maps are really quite beautiful, and I admire the effort at authenticity for every piece of this project. Also, that magazine you recommended arrived yesterday. It is on the docket for today's reading, but even with just a glance I was quite impressed. It looks like exactly the kind of guidance I was hoping for. I also found a local guy who can help out, as per your advice. Many thanks!

LOLOL Thanks Tony! Both for the compliments and the laughs!! Laughter is a great way to start a new year! It is a project I started pondering decades ago, and something I have wanted to do for a very long time, and I want to do it as good as I possibly can. I am re-configuring an area of my workshop into and indoor photography studio for this winter. It will be different rooms at different times, from the kitchens of Bilbo, Mrs. Maggot, the house in Crick Hollow, and Beorn, and maybe the parlor at the Prancing Pony. The scenes from Ithilien will actually be shot in a local cave when I get everything together, and in a couple of gorges here. Other scenes will be shot in other places.

Blue for Blue with a super sweet blood orange

Last edited:
How about the most beautiful ladyfinger and a superb Floridian toasted coconut rum.

Back